Light Monkey heated undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@decompression I wouldn't use the Thermalution. High failure rate and the risk of shorting is quite high.

The Exo2 is just the wrap, no battery. If you look at the dropdown menu it shows the accessories. The UTD Solar wrap doesn't get quite as hot as the bodywarmer though so if you're using it for drysuit, I'd get the regular StormRider, if looking at wetsuit use, then the solar should be fine, especially for wetsuit use. Still should be using some sort of multi setting controller though instead of on/off. They aren't cheap, but well worth it

@decompression I wouldn't use the Thermalution. High failure rate and the risk of shorting is quite high.

The Exo2 is just the wrap, no battery. If you look at the dropdown menu it shows the accessories. The UTD Solar wrap doesn't get quite as hot as the bodywarmer though so if you're using it for drysuit, I'd get the regular StormRider, if looking at wetsuit use, then the solar should be fine, especially for wetsuit use. Still should be using some sort of multi setting controller though instead of on/off. They aren't cheap, but well worth it

Thanks Tom, that was my concern with the Thermulation. How do you think the stormrider would hold up to salt water?

Thanks Tom, that was my concern with the Thermulation. How do you think the stormrider would hold up to salt water?

the vest won't care, the wires will. I wouldn't use the stormrider in a wetsuit. It will be fine through a flood, but I wouldn't intentionally dive it in the wet. UTD solar wetsuit would be my choice there with a UWLD vest controller if you want a much better solution. Sadly not very cheap, but the best.
UTD Solar-$300
UWLD Controller-$700
UWLD Battery-$600-$1000 depending on size. Mini is 2 hours on high, Short is 3.5, and Tall is 5 hours ish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom