Light, what is better?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blulife

New
Reaction score
Hi, i'm new here, so i hope not to wrong the topic category!
I've read the Scubaboard article on lights and i find it really interesting, but there aren't any suggestes light models... i'm going to buy a new light and so.. there is something who can suggest me?

Blulife,

I use an Underwater Kinetics C4. It works well enough for my kind of diving - warm carribean water. My buddy has a UK C8. It's a little brighter. I find them to be ok, but for the price they are very acceptable. My wife has yet to do a night dive, and doesn't even own lights.

What kind of diving are you planning on doing? I see you aren't yet certified. Where are you planning on going? Most new divers don't really even need lights, depending on the place they go.

Wijbrandus:
What kind of diving are you planning on doing? I see you aren't yet certified. Where are you planning on going?

Blue,

Robert is correct in asking what type of diving do you plan to need the light for? Fresh water lake, ocean, ponds, quarries, river? Night? Wreck? Cave?

Perhaps this is something that will be covered during your certification course. Many classes go over the basics in choosing appropriate gear for the area you live in.

Paula

I'm certificated, I'm an Advanced Open Water Diver and I've maden 20+ dives, but 5 years ago i stopped my career for a physiological problem and now I'm starting again! Generally I dive in lake or in Mediterranean Sea, I need a light principally to restore the colours, but if is possible to have something good also for wreck i would be really happy!

blulife:
I'm certificated, I'm an Advanced Open Water Diver and I've maden 20+ dives, but 5 years ago i stopped my career for a physiological problem and now I'm starting again! Generally I dive in lake or in Mediterranean Sea, I need a ligth principally to restore the colours, but if is possible to have something good also for wreck i would be really happy!

I think a good light (note: observe spelling) for diving in the Mediterranean would be something like the Underwater Kenetics Lite Cannon 100. It's HID, it's a whole lot of light for a reasonable amount of money, it's got the right type of bulb to really bring out the colours and UK lights are among the most reliable out there.

If size is a problem then for a lot more money you can get HID lights in a lot smaller packages. if you go this route then Diverite makes a good one.

R..

blulife:
Hi, i'm new here, so i hope not to wrong the topic category!
I've read the Scubaboard article on lights and i find it really interesting, but there aren't any suggestes light models... i'm going to buy a new light and so.. there is something who can suggest me?

Check out lights from Green Force... modular design, ergonomically sound, very solid construction and many models to choose from. Also understand they are readily available in Europe since they are manufactured in Belgium

UK C4 LED --> cheap and VERY impressive underwater, bang for buck deal, check scubatoys for it, they have a C8 version as well

UK Light Cannon HID --> BRIGHT, cheapest HID on the market

Back
Top Bottom