Light won't turn off.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the same issue after I dropped my light on the ground. It was stuck on the "Medium" setting, and turning the ring didn't work anymore. I took it apart, tried cleaning the inside components, but nothing worked. I eventually bought another light. This doesn't help you, I know, but I'm afraid there's nothing you can do at this point.

Try checking the position of the hall sensor. Maybe if you put the switch near a strong magnet, it'll be powerful enough to actuate the hall sensor.

I'll try the magnet Doc Ed. I only paid $100 for it and I feel like I've already had good value for the price.

I went to Lordco auto supply and tried one of those extendable magnetic tool retrievers. Sure enough it worked. I bought it for five bucks and took the dremel to it to cut the magnet out, thats when I discovered that heating a magnet destroys its magnetism. I then tried one of the little button magnets on my fridge and it worked also. I broke one off and used Goop to glue it to the rotating bezel and the light works as good as new. Thanks Doc.

Glad to hear it turned out well :D As an alternative, if you can open up the light (and if you're feeling adventurous), you can try nudging the hall sensor ever so slightly more to the periphery to make sure it falls under the magnetic field of the original magnet. But if you're currently happy with the results, then I'd leave it as is. Just bear in mind that over time, regular magnets can corrode after prolonged salt water use if left exposed. The risk for this can be reduced by sealing it all up with silicone sealant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom