Lightweight alternative to Jet fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just repost this.

Tecline Lightjet (now not only in black or white but also in light blue). It's a jetfin design, monoprene, wider and shorter (pack easily), has stainless steel spring straps, and weighs 1 kg per fin. In water, they're neutral in buoyancy and on the softer end of the spectrum. I love them for travel and wetsuit diving.

...I ordered a pair of Blue Deep 6 Eddys and wanted to love them as this is a color that I have never been able to find in SP Jets. They were also too flexible for me. Based on everyone else's description of these fins, my experience does not seem common, but I disliked them enough to sell them...
Dive Rite XTs in blue?

It’s funny, when I started diving Jet fins were on their way out. Nobody used them around here except for a handful of commercial urchin divers and maybe some old timers. They sold me on Mares Quattros.
Then GUE comes along around 1999 (here) and reintroduced the Jet fin as the best option for all these trick new fin maneuvering styles like modified frog, heli turns, backing up, etc. None of those styles were ever used or known about (at least on the west coast) prior to the arrival of GUE/DIR. Then GUE went from LA to Monterey and then to Seattle doing demos and by passing Northern California.
Along with the reintroduction of the Jet fin came a slew of copycat companies all making some form of a vented fin due to the surge in popularity of the GUE style of diving and use of short high side wall vented Jet style fins.
Scubapro was set to decommission the Jet fin many times over the last 25 years (except for military sales) but they couldn’t due to the resurgence in popularity.
You can say Thank You to GUE for keeping that style of fin alive due to their compliant gear mandates.
So now you know.
I’ve used Jets since 2000 but now am going try a pair of Go’s from @lexvil and see how those are.

I think Jets are the fin a lot of people love to hate but just can’t seem to let go of. Just when you think you’ve found something else a problem shows up and it’s right back to Jets. Damn them!!

Me and my ScubaPro Go Sport fins in Palau last month

And my Olympus TG-6 video package on its maiden voyage

323931085_873261964000135_6055146435174902487_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom