Likelihood of getting oxygen toxicity at 1.4 PPO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would you be willing to drop to 130 for a couple of minutes during a dive on 32%?
Regularly.

depending on the water conditions, yes, and I have
That is the way I feel about it. I've only gone to 126 on 32 but for a short period of time I just am not that afraid of toxing. If I were on a breather and could hold a PP of 1.3 for a couple of hours I wouldn't be interested in going to 1.6 at least during the active part of the dive. Recreationally it is hard to keep your PP very high for very long.

Would you be willing to drop to 130 for a couple of minutes during a dive on 32%?
That's 1.6 bar pPO2. Even per (bashed) PADI's standards, that's quite OK if deemed necessary. But planning for it is another kettle of fish.

Absolutely. In fact it is my preferred gas for Devil’s Throat. :wink:
That is where I exited at 126 on 32%.

That's 1.6 bar pPO2. Even per (bashed) PADI's standards, that's quite OK if deemed necessary. But planning for it is another kettle of fish.
Interesting that it is ok if you don't follow the plan but not ok if you do follow the plan.

That is where I exited at 126 on 32%.
I thought that might be your reference. Last DT dive I maxed out at 132. I just looked and I was at or above 1.4 roughly 4 minutes. Then hit it again for less than a minute later in the dive.

Interestingly our shop in Coz seems more worried about my 24 hour exposure when I do 4 dives a day then any single dive, probably because anything deep is unusual. Jeannie doesn’t like to rent me my all 36’s for morning and afternoon dives.

Last edited:

It depends on. i would go to 40m if i absolutly needed to. I would not drop there if i could avoid it.

But it's PPO2 of 1.6, what seemed to be safe earlier.

I thought that might be your reference. Last DT dive I maxed out at 132. I just looked and I was at or above 1.4 roughly 4 minutes. Then hit it again for less than a minute later in the dive.

Interestingly our shop in Coz seems more worried about my 24 hour exposure when I do 4 dives a day then any single dive, probably because anything deep is unusual. Jeannie doesn’t like to rent me my all 36’s for morning and afternoon dives.
Jeannie is a good one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom