Line Arrows

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Backup lights have butt-mounted boltsnaps and are clipped off to the chest d-ring. They lie along the harness, and the head is secured under a loop of inner tube.

Don't waste your money on scuba specific adhesives, I wouldn't bother sewing the pockets unless you can do it yourself either to be honest.

Goto Lowes or Home Depot and buy a tube of GOOP, stick a coffee can in your wetsuit leg and slather on a copious amount of this cheap **** all over. I've done this to two wetsuits now that have well over 200 dives each and lots of abuse and they show no signs of coming off... at all. Its a $6 solution to a very easily DIY thing. Its waterproof and isn't effected by UV rays. Beats the hell out of anything you'll get from the diveshop as far as glueing stuff all over your wetsuit.

You stretch (not too much) the wet suit leg over the end of an ironing board. I used premium quality contact cement and it has been holding on for a good hundred dives. I'm taking good note of the "GOOP" suggestion.

If I would have heard about the cheaper alternative before buying the more expensive...I'll just have to return it.

You can also lay an arrow or two on the flat part of an HID ballast with a innertube bungee.

On the left is a surgical tubing pigtail...

DSC00837.JPG

unless you have a salvo light :(

I use a small clip that can be differentiated by feel. Standard necklace bungee knotted on the end. I put on the left waist d ring, been experimenting with d rings on the plate, but so far not happy with them. When I'm coming to a jump I can have the arrow out and in my hand without making my light shake and alerting others unnecessarily. The standard necklace cord is slightly larger than the slots in the arrow and cookie, so it makes for easy stowage/retrieval. I don't even have to remove it from the d ring to pull a directional marker off. It's better to take it off for stowage.

Side mount it goes on the butt d ring with my jump spools.

There's a Zknife on my light head elastic band, so I don't want to clutter that area up, especially when doing jumps with a scooter. When I first started cave training I used to put them on my left chest d ring but now I've found that with stages and lights clipped there already it's just too cluttered.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0031sml.jpg
    IMAG0031sml.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 795
The pockets are installed.

Thanks everyone for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom