Lionfish spotted at Ft. Pickens Today - Be careful

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BearGrizzle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We spotted this guy on the large truck tire that's standing straight up in about 20' of water right where you enter, the place where most folks tie up their flags. He was pretty much hidden except for the tips until we got close, then he came out, but if you aren't looking you could easily get stabbed while running a flag line through there. Did not have a knife big enough to take care of it, he was the largest I had ever seen. Just watch out when tying up out there. Park rangers were notified.

Hopefully we can get permission to remove these invaders. Hopefully some dispensation from the 'no spearing' rule can be arranged.

Not surprised to see them, just that it has taken this long.

I talked to the park rangers yesterday. They are in the works of getting something passed so u can have a pole spear for that very reason. They haven't pushed for it too much because no sightings until yesterday. Hopefully that will change soon.

I saw that guy in the same spot. He was pretty big. Wasn't there when I untied my flag line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom