Liquid air suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read the article. The tank jocky at a LDS can't figure out how to give me a decent fill. Gonna be interesting seeing his technique for "attaching a mechanical gill to the femoral vein in the leg for CO2 scrubbing..." :)

I don't think they've invented anything except a story that we've heard many times. Doesn't someone have to have a functional prototype to get a patent?

They didn't even have a high-tech looking prop to use in the video. How are they going to dupe tens of thousands of crowdfunders without a cool looking toy prototype?

I call BS on the whole thing. These hyper-oxygenated solutions have been around a while but we're a long way away from a diving system. If they want to meet me at DEMA to demonstrate, I'd be excited to see their technology. Just stay the hell away from my femoral vein.

That's an old article. Saturday 20 November 2010 01:07 Apparently the idea went nowhere.

to quote the last line of the article
“I’m sure someone out there would be willing,” he says. “We’ve climbed the highest mountains, sent people into space. It’s time to find ways of exploring the deep oceans.
Apparently the author isn't paying attention. We HAVE found ways of exploring the deep oceans. It's just that those ways don't involve SCUBA. The author needs to rent a movie...

I did like The Abyss. Dunno abt the electroestatic water beings tho k

That's an old article. Saturday 20 November 2010 01:07 Apparently the idea went nowhere.

to quote the last line of the article

Apparently the author isn't paying attention. We HAVE found ways of exploring the deep oceans. It's just that those ways don't involve SCUBA. The author needs to rent a movie...
this movie maybe ?

The article says the Navy Seals experimented with liquid ventilation in the 80's. Is that true? Are they still alive? Were there side affects from the chemicals?

There are quite a few articles out there on TLV. The following article from 26-Jan-2018 suggests that it is not feasible at this time: article.

this movie maybe ?

I was thinking of this one wherein some rich guy goes to the bottom of the Mariana trench. All it takes is a lot of money and the desire to go. I enjoyed the flick. I'm sure the folks that were there enjoyed it even more.

For some reason, lots of folks claim Cameron was the first cat to go there. I was sure it was really Jacques Piccard and Don Walsh in 1960.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom