Liquivision Lynx Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

I think this thing is awesome and i'd love to have one. However i still have some questions. The boat transmitter is the same as a normal transmitter ? Can i leave the transmitter on the boat, or do i have to submerge it ? If so is there a sealing kit or does it have to put on a first stage under pressure ? Since the location feature is beta. Is the lynx flashable with the pc kit or do i have to send it in for a future software upgrade ? (i assume this will come when the location features are final ?)

thanks
serge

Hi,

I think this thing is awesome and i'd love to have one. However i still have some questions. The boat transmitter is the same as a normal transmitter ? Can i leave the transmitter on the boat, or do i have to submerge it ? If so is there a sealing kit or does it have to put on a first stage under pressure ? Since the location feature is beta. Is the lynx flashable with the pc kit or do i have to send it in for a future software upgrade ? (i assume this will come when the location features are final ?)

thanks
serge

The L1 location transmitter is a different product. It needs to be suspended or a rope, below the boat, underwater. You can test this out (for curiosity) with a T1 tank transmitter using the following method:
- Place the T1 transmitter on a 1st stage and pressurize it, wait 30 seconds
- Depressurize first stage, remove T1 transmitter
- Suspend the T1 on a rope below the boat (duct tape to some rope, on the thick part of the transmitter)
- It will keep transmitting for 10 minutes then turn off (during this time you can try out the find-the-boat function underwater)
- This procedure is only if you are curious to try out the boat location and you don't have a separate L1 location transmitter

The L1 location transmitter has a button on the bottom that allows you to manually turn it on and off, it never needs to be screwed into a 1st stage (in fact it cannot be).

The Lynx has two CPU's and both have user-upgradeable software.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

So you can submerge a T1 transmitter without the threaded end attached to anything?

So you can submerge a T1 transmitter without the threaded end attached to anything?

Yes, and if you submerge it to more than 400 feet it will sense the pressure and think that a tank is connected, and it will turn on and start transmitting the ambient water pressure until it is raised up to a shallower depth. Note that I am not recommending diving to 400 feet...

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Thanks eric. Is the L1 the same price as the T1 ? And is available allready or will the L1 be released when the location feature is final ?
And it just came to my mind, if i'd put the L1 in pocket of my buddys BCD, would i be able to locate him ?

Thanks eric. Is the L1 the same price as the T1 ? And is available allready or will the L1 be released when the location feature is final ?
And it just came to my mind, if i'd put the L1 in pocket of my buddys BCD, would i be able to locate him ?

The L1 is the same price as the T1 ($499) and it should be released around August.

In order to function properly, the L1 is subject to the same constraints as the T1 in terms of shadows and obstructions. So putting it in a BCD pocket will not work. The L1 has a flex connector bottom which allows various fittings (to hang on a rope, to mount on a tripod on a wreck, or to mount on a diver in various ways).

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Hey Eric since hollis is releasing a rec. SCR rebreather any chance you can add SCR to this unit? Or will I have to go to Xeo/X1.

Dove with my Lynx today for the first few times, love it. Very easy to use and navigate through menus. Dove in Southeast Texas freshwater with some really low vis and it is very easy to read with only a glance. As long as it holds up well Im going to be extremely happy with it.

Dove yesterday with my wife. My second dive with the lynx, her first. Viz was terrible at times. I could see a diver nearby, but couldn't make out her bright pink slap strap or pink fins. My first confirmation that it was her was the bright glow of her lynx.

Back
Top Bottom