Liquivision Xen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just dove with one in Seattle - at night. Its perfect but the battery life is the only thing holding me off of it to be honest. Other than that, i love it.

Happy you liked it Robert :)

I get about 25 hours consistently out of fresh batteries. And at about $8 per battery, i can spare 30 cents per dive on a bright OLED display, considering Argon costs about $3.00 per dive and Nitrox about $15.00!

Whenever you get into Seattle again, let me know, that was an awesome dive, thanks for joining!

Koos

Thanks koos - that helps a lot on the battery life - when you put it that way its not soo bad and reduces the action of illuminating my uwatec on decent and ascent. .30/dive is small price to pay for reduced task loading. And everything else about it is very impressive, i love the display.
I'm scheduling a trip for the 13th of Dec so i can join you guys on the 14th. I'm hopeful we will be able to expand the Dec Fundies to 5 days just prior to that as well.

I was an Awesome dive - seeing the juvi GPO was really cool and being dive bombed by seals thoughout was pretty entertaining :) not to mention the 2 GPOs!

they are popping up on eBay

ER14335M | eBay

$7.86 for one
$61.86 for 10

tempting to se how much a bunch of them would cost and getting a group buy together

While I should harol this as good news; dare I say any set of batteries that I seriously consider buying a pack of 10 for a dive computer means there's a problem with the computer ...

While I should harol this as good news; dare I say any set of batteries that I seriously consider buying a pack of 10 for a dive computer means there's a problem with the computer ...

Perhaps, but as calculated at 30 - 40 cents per dive, it seems to still be in high demand.

The battery thing is PIA but IMHO it's worth it. I love the readability. But I need to get some more batteries, thanks for the link!

this was posted in a thread about the LYNX, apparently there is a new battery that offers over 50 hours of battery life

The Lynx runs on an ER17335M which provides double the battery life compared to an ER14335M. This increases the 'average' yield from 28 hours to 56 hours per battery (or 150 hours on a straight low brightness sim, vs. 75 hours). Also, we will be offering an upgrade to existing Xen/Xeo units that allows them to use the bigger ER17335M battery as well. Just make sure that you are using Xeo 1.11+ and Xen 1.13+ software, since the earlier versions of the software had an issue which could drain the battery faster than normal.

The Lynx (or Xen/Xeo with the optional upgrade) can run with an ER17335M (for an average of 56 hours of dive time per battery), or, you can then use a rechargeable lithium iron phosphate battery. The rechargeable doesn't get nearly as much dive time, 12-15 hours per charge, but of course you can recharge it 2000 times.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...w-liquivision-lynx-recreational-computer.html

Last edited:
The battery thing is PIA but IMHO it's worth it. I love the readability. But I need to get some more batteries, thanks for the link!

Totally! This thing just dominated in the caves! Had it died on me on my last cave dive after I was out of the cave and on the last 30 seconds of the dive. It makes me nervous but the device is a wet dream otherwise!

this was posted in a thread about the LYNX, apparently there is a new battery that offers over 50 hours of battery life

wow, either replaceable batteries with double the life or rechargeable battery. That's great news.

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom