Liquivision Xen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

where i was tetering on the edge with this thing, Bamm... I'm not
it's on the short list of gear to buy now.

It is very, very readable.

Honestly this BT is crap, maybe the most unreliable piece of equipment I have ever bought.. Whoever at Liquivision is in charge of development and quality control should be fired, how did this ever pass user testing?? I bought it as a backup device and based on the fact that it is never working when I wanted to dive with it, I am glad I never trusted my life to it..

What specific problems have you experienced?

Honestly this BT is crap, maybe the most unreliable piece of equipment I have ever bought.. Whoever at Liquivision is in charge of development and quality control should be fired, how did this ever pass user testing?? I bought it as a backup device and based on the fact that it is never working when I wanted to dive with it, I am glad I never trusted my life to it..

With nearly a thousand Xen's in circulation, aside from a few complaints about battery life there have not been any significant issues. With a statement like that you will have to back up your claims. If you can provide your serial number I will check our customer support file for your unit.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

A list of issues I have had with the Xen:
Didn't register depth correctly.
Then I was held hostage by sending back to Canada or spending another $70.
Didn't keep time correctly.
Get to the dive site and having the thing be dead. New batteries had been install weeks before.
Having to use a pin code / unload codes..

Honestly someone needs to really check and test code before it released, instead it seems to just be thrown out there and patched later.. For gezz peat.. It's a bottom time, keep it simple and keep it reliable. Would hate to miss my MOD or ceiling because someone was in too much of a rush to actually test something. I bought it as a backup for my Shearwater, but I think I will go back to my N2iTiON or save my coin and get a second Shearwater.

Gurnie,

Your unit required a software update. I apologize for that. As will all our customers, if your unit needs a software upgrade, you can take it back to your dealer and have them install the software, or you can send it back to us to do it, or you can purchase a PC interface if you did not already have one. If you consider those options 'being held hostage,' then I am sorry there was not more we could do for you.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Eric thanks for dealing with our questions and issues. I know I posted once about the battery life issues that could be interpreted as harsh and you responded in a professional manner with a "fix". So I'm looking forward to the new and bigger ER17335M batteries with the XEN/Xeo/Lynx units. And perhaps I'll own a Xeo in the future.

In reading the user manual I also like the fact that the dive computer has a transferable warranty, which shows that you stand behind your product.

Customer service plays a significant part in the dive equipment I own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom