List your best wreck and best reef/wall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotdiver

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'll go first. Haven't been diving all that long so i'm limited.

Spiegel Grove - Key Largo
North Wall of Grand Cayman

Best wall....New Drop Off. Or is it Big Drop Off? Micronesia. The one with the private beach and the straight drop with wrasse and sharks galore.

Best Wreck our own Sea Tiger, I have so many special dives on her...

DSC_0058-2.jpg

Best wall: Snake Island wall off of Nanaimo. One of my favourite dives.

Bill.

Wreck: The William Young, in Lake Huron at the Straits of Mackinac. Wooden schooner sunk in 1891, discovered just a few years ago. Wood is perfectly preserved, still has chains, deadeyes, and the wheel is still on the deck.
Reef/Wall: Bloody Bay Wall, Little Cayman.

I haven't dived many walls, so I can't weigh in on that.

I haven't dived many wrecks, either, but so far, my favorite is the Chikuzen in the BVI. A fish processing boat that sank off Virgin Gorda, it is the only object on the bottom for some distance. It has become a home for large schools of fish, and the predators that enjoy them. When we dove it, our first sight was two large spotted eagle rays, and the subsequent dive turned up another one, stingrays, turtles, and large schools of fish. A whole colony of garden eels lies off the bow. Really a splendid dive.

Best Wreck
The Irako in Coron Bay Phillippines

Best Wall
Browning Wall near Port Hardy BC

Best wall: Ras Mo in Egypt or one of the offshore marine parks (The Brothers, Daedalous, Rocky Island, Elphinstone)

Best wreck: Rosalie Moller, Egypt or Umbria, Sudan

Mark

Back
Top Bottom