Little Cayman Beach Resort - Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AstridWilson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Little Cayman Beach Resort
DIVE DIVE DIVE
Little Cayman Beach Resort is a Dive resort. Our dive shop set up a trip, where 16 of us travelled together. The Diving was spectacular, the valet dive service awesome and the food was amazing. Never had to pick up a tank or move gear from one tank to the next. The Dive crew (Luke & Ed) were knowledgeable and fun. They hand drew every dive and laid it out perfectly for you so that you and your buddy could do it on your own or follow the group. We usually choose to dive on our own. The visibility was good to great every day. My favorite dive combination was our last day. We did Randy’s gazebo followed by the meadows. What I loved about this was the really cool swim thru that begins the dive at Randy’s gazebo and the gazebo. I thought the Meadows should be renamed the playground as it is an easy dive site, but lots of fun as there are lots of coral heads to swim around and thru. We saw a turtle every day. We saw 3 sharks, but what I love about the Caymans is that you always see Groupers. On other islands, you are always hoping to see fish at least the size of a grouper, well in the Caymans, you were followed by groupers. They have become used to the divers and seem to enjoy our company as we do theirs. Most of the dive are wall dives, followed by hard pan with rubble / patch coral heads.
The room was average, comfortable and quiet. The bed was a little hard for my liking but I slept great every night. No bathtub, only a shower and no hand held shower head. Where the resort could be improved is to make it attractive to non-divers. We dove 3 dives a day. Two in the morning and one in the afternoon, so between the Dives and the boat rides and meals, there was not a lot of down time. I would have enjoyed taking every other afternoon off, but there is not much else to do on the island or at the resort. The beach at the resort is pretty; however the water is filled with sea grass making wading or swimming very undesirable. No snorkeling can be done off the resort shore, they will take you on the dive boats, but as the dives are set up as dives, snorkeling is not really ideal.
The Restaurant is centrally located; however there are no water views as you see in other ocean front resorts. The bar does have a nice view. They have trivia on Wednesday nights which was fun. There are drink specials, but a run punch was $10 US.
Overall, we had a wonderful diving experience that will not soon be forgotten.

Thanks for the report, we will be heading there soon and I can hardly wait!

The beach at the resort is pretty; however the water is filled with sea grass making wading or swimming very undesirable.

Where the resort could be improved is to make it attractive to non-divers.

One man's ceiling is another man's floor. 2 Cases in point; if I ever make it out to Little Cayman Beach Resort, I'd consider the sea grass a plus since it offers habitat for a variety of things &, in the shallows you are likely talking about, perhaps would make for some decent snorkeling. And a resort that tried to attract non-divers might shift their focus from exclusively catering to divers. Put another way, how many divers at a dive resort look around & say 'Gee, I wish there were a lot more non-divers around...'

I can see where such a shift might appeal to divers bringing non-divers with them. I do some trips solo & some with non-diving family, so I can see that angle.

Richard.

Where the resort could be improved is to make it attractive to non-divers.

That's probably the last thing they'd want to do... non-divers are very UNATTRACTIVE to a dive resort economically.

Sort of like suggesting that Morton's Steakhouse could be improved by making it attractive to vegans.

:D

shanghai-steak-istock--main.jpg

Little Cayman Beach Resort
DIVE DIVE DIVE
Little Cayman Beach Resort is a Dive resort. ...

While you were at LCBR, did you hear any news about the purchase of Cobalt Coast on Grand Cayman with Reef Divers becoming the new onsite dive op? Also, did you hear anything about the renovations at the Cayman Brac Beach Resort and the date when they will reopen? Thanks!

Only thing I heard about cayman brac resort was that once the renovations are complete it will have one of the nicest bar / pool areas in the Caribbean.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom