Little Cayman dive operators/resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caymaniac - quit taking underwater pics a few years ago, but yours make me want to get back in to it. Yours are awesome!

Following the thread - our group prefers Little Cayman to the other two islands because it is so quaint and removed from the day to day hustle and bustle we have become accustomed to. We also enjoy diving Bloody Bay Wall and the Marine Park for an entire week.

I somewhat agree, LC has some of the best diving in the Caribbean. I've been to the Brac the most of any of the 3. I love BBwall, also there are many excellent sites if you know them off the Brac. GC north wall is really great and if you've never been to Stingray City you just have to see it at least once.
As far a the pictures go, I'm still using film, I have an Ike housing and an Ike strobe. I've used it enough to know what settings to use and I'd buy digital for underwater if I could afford it but that would mean no trip. I did purchase a Nikon DSLR two years ago and have really enjoyed it but the money it cost to switch just makes it prohibitive

Little Cayman below:
File0011.jpg

BBwall
File0093.jpg

BBwall
File0091.jpg

BBwall what water clarity!
File0084.jpg

southside of the Brac
File0072.jpg

I think film still gives you the best underwater pictures. Alas, I, too, cannot afford to go digital and dive. So, no underwater pics now! Lots of topside tho!

I've been to all three numerous times although it's been awhile since I stayed on Grand Cayman (I'm staying on GC this year). If you are the type of person that feels closed in on small islands then you might get the feeling on LC or the Brac as there is not much on LC other than the airport and a couple of small dive ops, also some condos and Little Cayman Beach resort (the last place mentioned will keep you in high spirits as they do an excellent job with diving and feeding you).

Nicely stated. On LC, you can get away from the crowds if you're willing to bike, or walk. Its not a long walk from Pirate's Point down to the west and and the Salt Rocks dock for sunset (although wear DEET).

On the Brac there's plenty of good diving and you would not be dissapointed with some exploration on your part as this island is bigger than little Cayman and has about 1900 residence.

Rental cars are cheaper and easier to come by on the Brac. I've been paying roughly $200/week.

The town is on the opposite side from the dive op (just1) currently unless Craig at "In Depth" has survived, then there's two. Reef Divers from Cayman Brac Beach resort would be your choice if you are on the Brac and staying anywhere. If Craig is still alive then he would be a great choice too.

Just saw a local news article within the past week or so that alluded to him shutting down this past January(?); have the URL link at home.

This island has caves to explore, a cliff/bluff to climb and a few small shops here and there.

Such as going up to Spot Bay and visit Tenson Scott at NIM Things to help his wife Starry encourage him to not let Caymanite Carving die out completely :wink:

Grand Cayman has quite a business about it, there are many many ops to choose from. The diving isn't as good as the two sisters but it's still great. The north wall is amazing, there is StingRay City as well as other great dive sites. Plenty of places to eat and a large beach to walk on as well as a real town with shops if you like that sort of thing.

One of these years, I'm going to have to actually in Grand overnight just so I can say that I've overnighted on all three islands. In general, Grand doesn't do much for me because it is an overdeveloped "Miami South" of American franchises that IMO have lost touch of the local Caymanian culture. Add in the daily cruise ship visits (up to 4-5 in a single day) and its hard to find peace & quiet anywhere near Georgetown.

-hh

I'm stunned that no one has mentioned Southern Cross Club. It is a spectacular, upscale resort, very comfortable with a great dive op and restaurant run by exceedingly nice people. It is the only place I'd stay on LC. They offer a trip once a week to Brac to dive the Tibbetts and a night dive on the Soto Trader.

I'm stunned that no one has mentioned Southern Cross Club. It is a spectacular, upscale resort, very comfortable with a great dive op and restaurant run by exceedingly nice people. It is the only place I'd stay on LC. They offer a trip once a week to Brac to dive the Tibbetts and a night dive on the Soto Trader.

I'm only going by memory here but if I remember correctly, they were quite a bit more expensive than staying at the LCBR. I had looked at them once in the past but just couldn't justify the difference in price. But I have only read good things about them.

I have checked out Southern Cross Club for group trips. Even tho I like Southern Cross, I have always found them to be more expensive than LCBR. Of course I am now biased towards LCBR after all these years of visiting there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom