Little Cayman - Sam McCoys or Pirate's Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sirto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are planning a trip dive trip to the Caymans this fall. Right now Little Cayman is at the top of the list given what I've read about the quality of the diving vs the other two islands.

We are considerring Sam McCoy's Dive lodge and Pirate's Point.

From what I have read Sam McC's is a no frills lodge but has the advanage of having Bloody Bay Wall right off the beach so shore diving should be good - that's a plus.

Pirate's point is supposed to have very good food and the beach looks very nice - a plus on their side.

Have any of you stayed at either property? I am interested in the quality of the snorkelling off the beach on both properties as well as a description of what the rooms are like. Are they hotel rooms or do they have a living room/ sitting area?
How is the food at Sam McC's, how about the beach?

If snorkelling is not good at these places is there a resort on Cayman Brac that would have good snorkling?

Any comments would be appreciated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom