Little confused with SRP filters.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what I've read, your supposed to slide it off after in the water and shake off the tiny bubbles on the inside of the filter then reinstall.

Honestly, I wouldn't ever take off the filter.

The only time it might be too red is <30 ft, but you're rarely going to be at reefs that shallow. Even then, it's not like it's a horrible red tint. If you're filming in protune, you can edit it later.

H2O is your lube

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Honestly, I wouldn't ever take off the filter.

The only time it might be too red is <30 ft, but you're rarely going to be at reefs that shallow. Even then, it's not like it's a horrible red tint. If you're filming in protune, you can edit it later.

Changing filters/lenses would be needed if switching to macro...

He doesn't have macro though. He's just be using it with the plain lens.

As far as air bubbles go, you should be able to use it dry according to SRP.

To use it dry you have to set it up like that before you dive, with the proper o-rings etc... if you are using it wet.. there will more than likely be tiny bubbles on the filter just after you descend. Take of the filter and give it a shake to remove these bubbles.

Additionally, SRP does not recommend using the filter in dry mode below certain depths...

He doesn't have macro though. He's just be using it with the plain lens.

As far as air bubbles go, you should be able to use it dry according to SRP.

Okay, but it is worth noting for others reading this thread that might be curious about taking the filter on and off underwater.

I have used the filter a bit for the plus and can take it off underwater quite easily, you just need to pull at one of the sides its a bit tighter on land. Underwater its quite a bit easier I found, I can make a little video showing the way I do it as it doesnt seem that hard. If you seal the adapater with the extra oring then its going to be much tougher to get off but if the adapter is flooded it shouldn't be that tough. Big advantage is its never going to come off on its own at least. On my last dive I would have taken it off dozens of times quite easily using both that and a regular black in old housong and I didnt find the plus adapter much different in use. The footage was rubbosh as we had no vis so it was more test dives to see how it is in use.

Back
Top Bottom