little help with Oceanlog 2.x

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michaelc

Reaction score
So I was having no end of problems with the 1.x version, it would never sync.

I updated my software to the 2.x version and it will not even open.

I get runtime error 3420
object invalid or no longer set

Now as a software developer I should diagnose the issue and fix it no problem.

Alas I seem to need a tad more info to correct, any help out there ?

I see that I downloaded a beta, 2.2.7
found a link to a 2.2.4 build 3.20.09 this seems to work.

and all of my dives are in there :D

Next I will see if it fixed my sync issues, I found this to all ways be painfull.

Michael C
But it's st. paddys I have had 3 Guinness and it's really not the time for it.

What model dive computer are you using?
Oceanlog version 1.x is for Atom 1.0 and is the only version that will work with that computer.
If you are using a Atom 1.0 you need to return to the version 1.x software there is no update.
Also using that version may not be possible on a Vista or Windows 7 system.
The version 2.x is for Atom 2.0 Veo 150-250, VT3, VT-Pro, Versa Pro, ProPlus 2, Geo, OC1 and DataMask.
When you say sync do you mean handshake over the download adapter?
Sync is a wireless term used to describe commumications between the PDC and it's transmitter not the PDC and a PC.

What model dive computer are you using?
Oceanlog version 1.x is for Atom 1.0 and is the only version that will work with that computer.
If you are using a Atom 1.0 you need to return to the version 1.x software there is no update.
Also using that version may not be possible on a Vista or Windows 7 system.
The version 2.x is for Atom 2.0 Veo 150-250, VT3, VT-Pro, Versa Pro, ProPlus 2, Geo, OC1 and DataMask.
When you say sync do you mean handshake over the download adapter?
Sync is a wireless term used to describe commumications between the PDC and it's transmitter not the PDC and a PC.

I have the pro plus 2 and my P.C. is a sony vaio still running XP sp3.
I found that version 2.2.4 of oceanlog ran and work, still find the cable a trick to download with.

It does the handshake and then timeouts before the download a lot.
what is the secret ?

The pro plus version 1.0 is for serial cables only. A couple of thing could be going on. The pins could be bent or you are not making good connection and the last thing another USB device could be using the port.

Try plugging your USB download cable into another USB port on your PC.

I have the pro plus 2 and my P.C. is a sony vaio still running XP sp3.
I found that version 2.2.4 of oceanlog ran and work, still find the cable a trick to download with.

It does the handshake and then timeouts before the download a lot.
what is the secret ?

I was not too happy about running older versions of Oceanlog on a computer with a Windows XP (SP3) operating system. Having many different computers (VT Pro, VT3, Atom 2 and OC1), I had a really hard time getting them all to sync correctly. I recently upgraded to Oceanlog 2.2.7 on a Sony Vaio using the dreaded Vista 64 bit operating system. Well, the software works pretty well and all of the computers sync almost every time. I still have some issues with Oceanlog deciding it has had enough after uploading dive info, where it shuts down (or just disappears) when exiting the download screen, sometimes with an error message. There were also a few quirks on my first attempt to update my OC1 firmware. I attribute some of the problems to Vista and user error, mainly with my not assigning Oceanlog administrator rights. This caused all data written by Oceanlog to end up in a "VirtualStore" folder.

Back to the handshake failure issue, when using Windows XP, I usually had handshake problems when a dive computer had a relatively low battery (still good according to the computer, but close to require changing), or when I used any USB port other than the one used when installing the driver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom