Little River and Madison Blue reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeandiver

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
We dove Little River Saturday late morning. Viz averages about 20-30 feet all of the way. (water is not dirty but tanic (TEA) colored). Lots of poofie stuff still on the rocks and on the walls. But the flow is up and slowly it should be cleared off. I have heard that once you get into the Florida Room aways , the viz drops to around 10 feet or less , so for right now , the Serpentine / Merry-go-round is probably all I will do until the viz improves back there.
Nice dive though. I could see both ends of the Mud Tunnel line and the line for the Harper tunnel.
Lots of sticks and muddy junkie stuffie in the little craggles along side the main tunnel.

Dove Madison Blue Sunday morning. Worst part was the skeeters (darn Madison County Vultures).
We went in the Rabbit hole and SLOWLY made it up the main-line. The Godzy jump was easy to see , as was the jump to Martz. The flow was a little nassy in spots but it wasn't all that bad. Lots of new sand dunes on the floor but the gold line is easily visible (no more going thru the sand). We went thru the half-hitch with no problems and visible gold line all the way thru. We turned just short of Mount's offshoot and FLEW out. :D
The sand hill in the cavern has grown quite a bit now but it still hasn't quite reached the ceiling. We went out the rabbit hole and then tried to crawl in the main hole. That was a little bit of a workout. Darn rocks in there roll around on you and it's like 3 pulls forward , 2 flows back :rofl3:
The basin was nice and clear too. :D

All in all , I am MOST HAPPY to have 2 of my favorite caves open again. :D
When they finish that road-work at Peacock is anyone's guess , but they will start it this week. Not sure how long it will take to complete it. But once that is done , well , I think Peacock will be open again too.

Thanks!
Jeano of Beano

Jeano of B

Thanks for the updates!!

Thanks for the report, Jean!

-Carl

You BOTH are most welcome , fer sure :D

Jean

I'd say LR is past the 30ft viz mark, has to be getting close to 50 this past weekend. I was in my intro class, so we didn't get all that far either, and I've heard some more experienced divers say it gets worse when you get back further.

I did get an ear ache this weekend, as did two others that I've heard of that dove LR last weekend, so make sure to rinse the ears out afterwards.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom