Live from CoCoView...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lsorenson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Been here for 4 days and have had 14 dives so far... First day was a wash due to having to do the check out dive but I survived and did the checkout on Sunday. Not much of a sales pitch as I expected since I read many stated hours of this, more like 30 minutes and only what they offered. Missed the first boat dive due to my octo free flowing but the dive shop corrected and cost some 10-12 dollars. Prices on items seem to be very good if you forgot anything or need something...

Any questions I will be happy to try and get the answers for you as I will check back in tomorrow night (Thursday)...

We are in a Bungalow (D) and have had no problems with the bugs but some in the "on land" rooms have said they were having issues but not to bad as the breeze has been pretty good.

All sun but yesterday the seas were a bit rough... Nice thing about it is the boats (all nice) have a hatch in the middle to enter on bad days; actually, its always available so entry is very easy regardless the weather.

Will check in tomorrow,

lee

Hope you're having a blast down there! Look forward to reading a full report on the resort and dive op.

All the best and be safe.

Wow! In only 4 days, 14 dives, with the first day being a wash out and then missing the first boat dive with equipment problems. How do you manage to do over 10 dives per day without DCS? That has got to be some kind of world record.

Wow! In only 4 days, 14 dives, with the first day being a wash out and then missing the first boat dive with equipment problems. How do you manage to do over 10 dives per day without DCS? That has got to be some kind of world record.
Umm, How do you get to 10 dives a day??
3 days at 5 dives a day (not unusual for CoCoNuts) is more than enough to do 14.
Who said when they missed the boat they just sat around. It's a great shore diving location.

Most of the folks I go to COCO View with do six a day.

At my age - Five a day is about all I can manage.

No... no 10 dives in a day...! Missed the boat dive but the dive shop had the octo fixed within 30 minutes and me and the wife did the front yard (CoCoView and Newmans wall). Not sure at the moment (since I am at work) if I did a night dive that night but did a early morning dive along with the 2 boat dives and 2 drop off dives and a night dive the following day...

All in all I ended up with 26 dives which included 3 night dives, one early morning dive and another working with my wife and her weights.

Ok, no 10 dives in one day!!! 6 was the most for the trip in one day and only once, did 5 dives twice. That was enough for me but when we left I was still wanting more...

lee

Umm, How do you get to 10 dives a day??
3 days at 5 dives a day (not unusual for CoCoNuts) is more than enough to do 14.
Who said when they missed the boat they just sat around. It's a great shore diving location.

Thanks for watching my back Frank...

lee

Gads, we must be ancient...we're only planning 4 dives most days with a couple of night dives thrown in during the week. :wink:

Can I go back with you??? :wink:

One thing about timing your flights as you may have already set your flights and such but maybe this will help others...

Fly in early on Saturday so you can get you check out dive done that afternoon... You have to be ready to go and in the water by 2:30... unless, you have been to CoCo's before and then there is no need for the check out.

Second, if you fly out late afternoon on the return, then you can get the extra boat dive in on Friday... We stopped following the first drop off dive on Friday to give us a good 24 hours before our flight. This is also when we went into West End... Nice sunset at Eagle Rays restaurant and the beer is cold as well.

They do not take everyone back to the airport at the same time... (good to know) as they stagger the returns depending your departure time.

If or when we do this trip again, I will arrange our arrival flight to arrive at noon or so and our return flight around 5:00 pm or later...

Lastly, as a couple found out when leaving Roatan, IF you buy a conch shell from the gift shop; you better pack it in your check in baggage. Will not allow it in your carry on... No, I don't know why...

lee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom