Live in vancouver.20 years old.No car.No buddy.No equipment,But certified Please Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaman222

Registered
Reaction score
Please help me guys I have been certified for 2 years. I have no car and no equipment and have done no dives. I cant afford a car so I ride a motercycle. I dont have anyone to dive with and even if I did I have no way of getting to the dive site with my equipment. What are some of my options Please help me. I really want to go diving.

Along with my school. I cant afford a car. I can rent equipment but I cant pay 300 a month for insurance and then the gas and the car. I have a job I make minimum wage working 20 hours a week

Have you gone to the Canuck Divers section of the forum and posted something? You'll probably have more luck finding a dive buddy.

What type of school is it? Some universities near diveable water have dive clubs either through the athletics department or through a specific school like life sciences, engineering or history/archaeology.

Oops!

Welcome to the Board!! I don't have a Dive Buddy either that I can count on but I would recommend to check out a local Dive Club or see if you can tag along with a school that is teaching Diving and offer to help... It might get you some Dive time. If you ever come to Florida, I'll Dive with you.. Good Luck!!!!

Try giving Ocean Quest Dive shop in Burnaby a call. They have organized free Saturday morning dives and there will always be someone along with at least divemaster certification. They will plan a dive suitable for your experience. You might find it otherwise difficult to find a dive buddy with only a few dives under your belt.

Back
Top Bottom