Live report of Playa's beach closing...Do not miss this!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PlayaCountryBoy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Playa del Carmen, Mexico-Meso American Reef
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The main beach of Playa del Carmen, Mexico has and will be closed for all people and boats for a few more days. This news report shows a hired Dutch company extending the beacxh up 60ft in some places thus giving Playa peeps alot more beach to enjoy. Have a look here and see how they do it.

Hey nice report Jason! It looks like they have spread a lot of that sand that they had piled up last week when we were there.

gonna b there on the 28th will it b done by then
?

More Beach..That's fantastic. Can't wait to check it out. What are they doing with that 'break wall' that was put up in front of the Porto Real? Is it staying, or maybe being covered up?

I heard about this. All the noise is driving off the bull sharks....

That's not good.

I'm sure it will be much nicer when finished, but what a dissapointment if you happen to be there on vacation during the construction. January seems like an odd time to being doing it. I would have thought that middle of Sept to the middle of Nov would have been the ideal time with the least amount of tourism.

PH

Jason....Is the beach recovery going to extent as far north as the Coco Bay? Any idea how long the project will take? Is it expected to last for months or years? A lot of questions I know but I am interested.

thats the sand that was taken from Cozumel much to the locals opposition. I really doubt its going to last over the next few years. Same goes for the sand brought in to Cancun. Bad planning.

Back
Top Bottom