liveaboard galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to agree with the others, about no bad time to dive the Galapagos. It is on the equator, so the weather isn't really an issue. The Humboldt current is what drives things, there. The weather patterns do impact the current.

I did it just over a year ago, as a single traveler, and booked a "single" spot that was unsold. Sadly, that boat struck a reef earlier this year and foundered over the weeks it took to get salvage gear to the site. Others have posted available slots. You can book directly with the various fleets, and they will quite often throw in free airfare from the mainland to the islands, park passes, etc.

BE AWARE they had a recent eruption of a volcano SE of Quito, which can impact flights either to Quito, or to Guayaquil (on the coast, but a stopping point for planes traveling from Quito to the islands)...so trip insurance might be a wise decision.

Regardless, the liveaboards are an awesome way to see stuff, and the only way you can dive Wolf and Darwin (look at a map and you'll see why...they are both a long way from the other islands, and not reachable by day trip boats).

Have a blast!!

Hi guys, I think we should not put in too much into what the Galapagos National Park says it plans to do or the rumors that surround its plans. The fact is that it does what it wants to do and when it wants to do it and although some may have some incredible sources that might lead one to believe that they know - I have not yet come across anyone who really does can tell you anything for sure. We can only go by out gut and what is known today.
For those planning trips in Jan/Feb - spaces are booking by the day so to give you an update, here is how it currently stands. I don't think there will be any last minute discounts for late bookings as the boats have told me that they will not do that.
Jan 2-9 7 nights Galapagos Sky 4 spaces in 2 dlx cabins
Jan 9-16 7 nights Galapagos Sky 16 spaces
Jan 16-23 7 nights Galapagos Sky 13 spaces
Jan 20-27 7 nights Aggressor I 5 spaces
Jan 23-30 7 nights Galapagos Sky 13 spaces
Jan 30-Feb 6 7 nights Galapagos Sky 16 spaces
Jan 31-Feb 7 7 nights Humboldt Explorer 15 spaces @ $1000 discount
Feb 3-10 7 nights Aggressor I 5 spaces
Feb 6-13 7 nights Galapagos Sky on option
Feb 7-14 7 nights Humboldt Explorer 16 spaces open
Feb 10-17 7 nights Aggressor I 2 spaces
Feb 13-19 7 nights Galapagos Sky on option
Feb 14-21 7 nights Humboldt Explorer 11 spaces
Feb 21-28 7 nights Humboldt Explorer 8 spaces @ $1000 discount
Feb 24-Mar 3 7 nights Aggressor I 9 spaces
Feb 28-Mar 7 7 nights Deep Blue 16 spaces
Feb 28-Mar 7 7 nights Humboldt Explorer 10 spaces @ $1000 discount

Also thinking about heading over there next year. Thanks for the HU about having to book early!

It is a good idea to book early if you are focused on a specific boat or time period, and the whale shark season from mid-Jun thru November tends to get booked up faster, but there are frequently spaces that become available - someone has to drop out or a group/dive shop cannot fill their alocation, so even if it is closer to your departure, you maybe in luck. We keep an update list on availability on every boat - sometimes being offered at last minute discount rates - so when you are ready just drop us a note and we will send you all the availability over the next 18 months.

Back
Top Bottom