Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right. I'm glad this situation was brought up & addressed before I come aboard the boat.
Hopefully addressed...

I have to say, you seem very defensive of the boat/boat owner in this thread - are they friends of yours?

Regardless, hopefully they learned a valuable leason in proper customer service here and do make the proper fixes/equipment updates and necesary procedural changes to manage issues that may arise during a trip.

Hopefully addressed...

I have to say, you seem very defensive of the boat/boat owner in this thread - are they friends of yours?

Regardless, hopefully they learned a valuable leason in proper customer service here and do make the proper fixes/equipment updates and necesary procedural changes to manage issues that may arise during a trip.

I have stated in the other thread that I went with their Ultimate Raja Ampat trip with the boat back in December 2015 and had one of the best liveaboard trip in my life, better than the one in Galapagos that I paid 2x as much. I worked with Tom to set up a special 12-day crossing trip from Ambon to Sorong for this November. So, I know him more than the OP & he's not like the guys mentioned by the OP "...boozing in Thailand". He was actually on the boat with me at the time. We dove together several times. You just don't write heresay in public forum. That is not nice & drop your credibility in my eyes.

I have stated in the other thread that I went with their Ultimate Raja Ampat trip with the boat back in December 2015 and had one of the best liveaboard trip in my life, better than the one in Galapagos that I paid 2x as much. I worked with Tom to set up a special 12-day crossing trip from Ambon to Sorong for this November. So, I know him more than the OP & he's not like the guys mentioned by the OP "...boozing in Thailand". He was actually on the boat with me at the time. We dove together several times. You just don't write heresay in public forum. That is not nice & drop your credibility in my eyes.
Agreed - that was an unfounded characterization and complete here-say and should not have been posted. However, to be honest and per the above, I ignored that comment - as I hope most readers did.

To keep you updated, LaGaligo has responded to the raised issues.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start of message

I would like to start by assuring you that we do take the points you raised very seriously. I have relayed the points raised on your behalf to the Boat Manager and our Company Director is dealing with the investigation in person.

The boat is being overhauled to try and identify where the leaks are coming from and the cabins are being refurbished.

The problems of the fumes in your cabin are being fully investigated as part of the annual service and maintenance program.

The Nitrox compressor is also being serviced to identify why Nitrox blend was not consistent and new analyzers will be purchased.

I will review the way 3rd Parties promote the certification level of our guides. All our guides are certified divers with EFR training. In addition there is a program in place to train all our guides to a minimum of Dive Master in the future.

La Galigo would like to invite both yourself and the guest you shared the cabin with, to return to the boat as our guests, when the boat returns to the water. This will enable us to provide you with the level of service you should have experienced on your recent trip and allay any concerns you may have

End of message
------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start of message

We are very concerned to hear you felt La Galigo fell short of his expectations, his feedback is not inline with the majority of the feedback we received from our guests on that trip, however we take all feedback very seriously and I will try to respond to the points raised by you in turn.

As the crew explained to you, there are no pipes running under the cabin, nor were any pipes damaged on the boat. They were very concerned to find him in the engine room as this is quite clearly a staff only area, for the safety of all parties onboard. Any concerns about the engine should have been raised with the crew, not investigated by guests. There was no noxious gases emitted from the engine room and no risk to guests at any point. The crew advised that the port hole window was opened in the cabin and suggested that was an explanation for why you could smell engine fumes in his cabin, they suggested that the porthole window be kept closed and the climate control within the cabin used.

Please accept our apologies for the leak in your room, this is not in line with level of service we offer. I understand that the crew provided a temporary fix to ensure it wouldn’t leak on your bed, which although not ideal removed the immediate problem. The water locks on the toilets can occasionally break, causing a unpleasant smell, as soon as you brought the issue to the crews attention I believe that it was resolved.

The crew were notified about a disturbance from one of the cabins, followed by guests removing their mattress and placing it in the restaurant, it was not clear to the crew at that time exactly what the issue was, but concerned for the welfare of the other guests they allowed the behavior to continue with the aim of resolving it in the morning. In the morning it was difficult to wake the guests sleeping in the restaurant and this delayed breakfast and the dives for all guests. The crew checked the cabin, resealed the leak as the temporary fix had been removed and could find no other reason why the guests would not return to their cabin.

La Galigo prides itself on being an Indonesian company employing largely Indonesian staff, who continue to receive excellent feedback from our guests trip after trip, including the one which you was on. The Boat Manager has always been Indonesian and has been in the position for well over a year. the dive guide, has an excellent record with our existing guests, I am sorry to hear that on this trip you felt he fell short of his expectations. The owner, who I believe you are referring to, joins the trips when his schedule allows, however the majority of the time he is working out of our offices in Bali.

All our staff are certified divers and have worked as dive guides through out Indonesia, some for over 10 years. They are all very experienced and trained in first aid and medical emergencies.

Nitrox is blended on board and verified before passing to guests, analysers are provided for guests to verify their tank before every dive. I am sorry to hear that the analysers were not working effectively, this should have been brought to the attention of the dive crew immediately. If tanks were unable to be verified, it should have been reported to the dive crew and a new tank provided or a decision not to dive on Nitrox made. I’m not aware of any fills provided that would have partial pressure of 1.6 atm, though I will gladly investigate this further if you can send me the details.

I trust my response provides clarifications to the points you raised. I would like to advise you that La Galigo is currently in dry dock where it well undergo its annual maintenance program, the leaks will be addressed and the issues with the Nitrox fully investigated.

Once again, I would like to apologies, that you did not enjoy his time with La Galigo and was left feeling that we did not provide the service levels anticipated. This is not a common reflection of the fantastic reputation we have come to enjoy. We thank you once again for raising these points with us and we will endeavour to ensure they are not repeated.

End of message
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom