Liveaboard recommendations for Cairns or surrounding area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill:
I waited until I got there to book a trip. There were better bargains that way as they were selling available spaces cheaper towards the end. Of course you risk not getting on board if there are no spaces.

This is true, they have chalk boards outside the shops in town advertising the late deals. Risky, but should be able to get on some boat or other this way and save a few dollars.

Hi Greg,

Whilst Scubakai has been a bit unkind to us, he may not know that five of the operators mentioned in the replying posts are all Pro Dive operators! There are lots of operators in the Cairns area and I have no doubt that if you are unhappy with the level of service you receive from any of them, they want to know. After all, how can anyone improve unless they know their shortcomings?

That said, you have a range of prices to suit a budget, really depends on what you are after. A trip to Cod hole is well worth it, average trip to that location is a three day liveaboard. Divers staying with us regularly ask and get a slightly different itinerary to make the dives a little more individual, but so should other operators.

The inner reef is mostly dived, but the more experienced and adventurous diver does to the outer reef.

Really depends on where and what you want to do?

Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom