Liveaboard suggestions for Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please let us all know how it goes on the Nekton Pilot. We are looking at options and thusfar,, NP looks the most attractive.

5615mike:
Stay away from Peter Hughes or anyone associated with them. They don't like to take responsibility for their actions. See Belize wreck in I believe 2001. Do some homework before you book.........IMO

I was on the Peter Hughes boat in Belize the week before it sank and I think this comment is very unfair to the company. We spoke personally with a surviving crew member after the terrible accident. We had known 2 of the crew members who died in the accident. The crews of both the Aggressor and Peter Hughes worked together to secure both boats to the pier. This is the question....did they make the right decision in leaving everyone on the boat? Maybe hindsight says no. But, both crews made the decision to stay on the boats. Freak of nature ensued and one of the cement pilings that the Peter Hughes boat was tied to was completely ripped out and caused the boat to move into the river and eventually flip. This could have just as easily been the Aggressor boat.

hey hey

that would be the tail end of the whale shark season (march, april, may, around the full moon).if you go try sea horse dive shop. thats who i did it with the few times i went . a very cool dive amazing animals HUGE but harmless. as far as the live aboards are concerned i have not heard anything bad about any of them. the diving here is very good , the marine life here is very good, never dove any where else but love it here . well hope you enjoy your trip, sea ya next fall!!!!!

i'm sure that one accident years ago is really a sign of how they do business. do them a favor and stay away from them, you ---clown.

This was a long time ago. Agreed that the accident could have happened to any operator, but AFAIK the official enquiry did suggest the captain was overbearing and largely created the disaster.

But even that isn't the point. The way the company wriggled afterwards and tried to misrepresent the facts to lessen their culpability was demeaning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom