Liveaboard to Burma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do dive training and help with research expeditions in Myanmar a few times a year for long durations and the best diving is in the Torres Islands. If you love macro there is tons to find there, there is still great corral life up there. I have only seen one other dive boat near Lampi Island other than that it is small local fishermen and also some of the larger commercial boats. I have only seen a handful of sharks and rays unfortunately, but we have had lots of Ray sightings on the surface.

I mi do not get out to Black rock much which is the most well know site where everyone says they see mantas and whale Sharks. As for Burna banks you can get some nasty down currents there, it is pretty flat and not as many sharks as their used to be.

The water is a bit colder than around Thailand in my opinion normally I dive in a rashi anymore and shorts but up there I switch to a 3mm long.

the company we have been using recently is A-One diving based in Ranong, they have a nice vessel and also good rates for dive trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom