Liveaboards in Panama City, Fl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Miami there is Juliet Sailing that leaves from downtown Miami. Had a great week with them, they are not expensive. They are usually Bimini or Bahamas bound.

Search youtube, I have a few videos there.

I dove with the Ultimate Getaway a few years ago out of Ft Myers. It was my first liveaboard experience, but from what everyone told me it is the equivalent of "camping at sea". Very bare-bones, no frills, but it was exactly what I wanted and very budget-friendly. Up to 8 dives a day for a trip total of 26 possible dives (last day cut short on the way in). They do a lot of spearfishing trips, but also have photo trips mixed in. IMHO the food was great and it offered lots and lots of diving with plenty of off-gas time to enjoy the sun and sea.

8 dives a day? How do you even fit them in? What depths?

8 dives a day? How do you even fit them in? What depths?
Most of the bottom there is in the 80 foot range. They treat you like an adult, no set times and surface interval. Dive your own profiles.

They would tie up to a new spot every 1.5-2 hours starting at 7am. Second to last dive would be dusk dive, last dive would be the same site for night dive.

Dives were 60-80' on 32-33% nitrox. My buddy usually limited me to around 45 min, so an hour SI would off gas enough to clear for the next dive. I was the only diver to make every dive and it was very exhausting, but completely worth it.

As Wookie said, very self-sufficient diving. It was one of my first dive trips and it spoiled me. I dove with a typical 'follow the dm' on a later trip to Tobago and hated the format, but it was amazing diving there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom