LK's PATTAYA BASH THREAD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh dear!
It would appear some of you do not like my postings on here.
I must say in future any direct points about Pattaya, I will keep it to this thread that Bowmouth very kindly started.
However, if I feel a post is relevant to another thread I will still voice my opinion. Speak the truth and speak my mind, that is how I have always been.
For those of you who dont like that, or cant deal with that for what ever reason, thats just tough luck. But nobody forces you to read my posts.
Everyone is entitled to freedom of speach (and what they read) and their own opinion.

I must say though, it has been very quiet on here the last few days while I been away in Bangkok.

Hopefully less to bash :) LK, did you make it to TDEX? What did you think?

I ask you again; where did I go wrong in your opinion?

:dance:

Not only yourself went wrong, if you read the information posted by mermaids that have been involved in the search operation. I am sure you will agree that all of the speculation that took place would now appear to be proved incorrect.
I repeat my previous question, what purpose was this speculation supposed to achieve???
personally my prefference in such an incident is to wait for facts rather than to speculate and start incorrect rumours.

Not only yourself went wrong, if you read the information posted by mermaids that have been involved in the search operation.

LK, I think you are referring to this post:

Originally Posted by Aquanauts Pattaya
Just heard that the body of the missing dive student was found today by Russ, the CD at Mermaid's, inside the Hardeep. Instructor still missing.

And my response to that post:

That sounds very bad to me. Inside the wreck means wreck penetration. Is there any info on what kind of (training) dive the student was doing and if the student was qualified to do actual wreck penetration?

All I was doing was giving my opinion on the alleged find of the dive student inside the wreck and asking for some more details.
What's wrong with that??????

:confused:

Because this kind of incorrect statement creates further speculation and achieves nothing other than to create even further more wildly inacurate stories.
Personally I prefer to wait for the facts, as i have said before, what true facts that can be determined from such an accident can be used by others to learn from, and try to prevent such an unfortunate incident happening again. Also speculative stories could upset those close to the unfortunate divers.
I myself feel that to cloud the truth with idle speculation is highly irresponsible.
Aquanauts have at least since appologised for their actions and stated that they know the 'thai grapevine' where their original post came from to be unreliable. My point is if they know their source to be unreliable why make a statement that only lead then to you making further incorrect speculations, and on and on the story goes becoming more wild and incorrect as it passes from one person to another.

Personally I prefer to wait for the facts...

So do I.
That's why I asked more questions about their statement. Only with asking questions about statements people make you will be able to find out if something is a fact or not.

Example:
If you start a thread where you say you saw a pygmy seahorse in the Gulf of Thailand I may respond to that by asking you if you could show any pictures, what size and color the animal was, where you saw it sitting on and if you were really sure it was indeed a pygmy seahorse (given the fact we most likely do not have any pygmy seahorses living in Thai waters) and not a juvenile seahorse or something that resembles a pygmy seahorse.

By answering those questions I and everyone else reading the thread could find out if you indeed saw a pygmy seahorse yes or no.

Or another example:
You say you really do not like (most of) Pattaya diveshops. You try to convince me and others that we should avoid Pattaya diveshops because of bad service, chicken-bones and going to divesites other than promised.
I and others ask you why you feel that way and what exactly happened, when this happened etc. Then you tell us that you had one (1) pretty bad experience many years ago and are basically unable to "forgive and forget".
Then me myself and other readers of your posts make up our minds and may think well hey; too bad LK had a bad experience on a daytrip in Pattaya many years ago but this doesn't mean it still is as bad as he said and I take my chances and go diving in Pattaya anyway.

It's your opinion but not a fact.

Lk, Bowmouth: Why don't you two put the gloves on and get this over with already. Learn some tolerance.

Lk, Bowmouth: Why don't you two put the gloves on and get this over with already. Learn some tolerance.

This is the one single thread where I can (and will) argue with LK; this being LK's "bash=thread" and all.
I know it's probably a futile attempt on my part but I hope to talk at least (what I think is) some sense into the guy.

Just letting go without a fight doesn't seem right to me.

:splat:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom