Lobsta Divahs invade Florida at Halloween??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1) I hate all of you....You'll be in sunny florida diving on wrecks with 100+ feet of visibility while I'll be sitting in my office dreaming of diving until my suit gets back from repair.

2) Have a great time. I look forward to hearing your tales. :)

I'm hoping to get down there in Feb or March. I really want to dive the Speigel Grove!

I'm on board with Aaron.

I hate you all... I wanna go. The snow this morning was pretty but it pissed me off. Not good for diving and not cold enough yet to ski.

I can't wait to hear all the details and see the pics from the NELD southern conquests.

You guys must be packing now, huh? I'm looking forward to meeting you all very much!

The weather pattern last few days has been sunny with occasional afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Wind has been light.

Marineweather.com says:

---- begin paste----
GMZ052>054-072>075-240230-

ATLANTIC WATERS FROM OCEAN REEF TO 20 NM WEST OF DRY TORTUGAS OUT 60 NM...INCLUDING THE FLORIDA KEYS NATIONAL MARINE SANCTUARY-

430 PM EDT WED OCT 23 2002

.TONIGHT...EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS.

SEAS BEYOND THE REEF 2 TO 4 FEET...EXCEPT HIGHER IN THE GULF STREAM.

SEAS INSIDE THE REEF 1 TO 2 FEET.

NEAR SHORE WATERS A LIGHT TO MODERATE CHOP. ISOLATED SHOWERS.

.THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT...EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS.

.FRIDAY THROUGH MONDAY...NORTHEAST TO EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS.

---end paste----

In other words, real nice :)

For Saturday morning, cut tables for the following ranges:

90' - 120', 15 - 30 min

Everyone needs to have tables (either custom cut or agency version) for the gas they're diving and a depth gauge and timing device (at least a watch). Computer folks will do better as usual. DC may have rental puters, I dunno.

Rent the biggest tanks you can comfortably dive for the SG dive. Get EANx 32 if you can.

You guys are in 2 travel groups, right? I think at least one in each group has my cell number. If not, PM me. If you can and I don't answer, leave your number, I'll get back to you soonest.

What time are we supposed to be at DC????

Tom

Yea, 110 if you want to keep a low PO2, 130 would be 1.6 I think. 110 is likely our max anyway to get a reasonable time without deco.

They one of the few shops that rents steels, most have only 80s and some have 63s.

Pack :) Safe trip and see you soon.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom