lobster rules in fl?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapolly:
Also no collecting on man made structures.

What's up with that? So we can't collect lobsters from reef balls, wrecks, or sunken debris? I knew a great lobster hole centered around a refrigerator.

archman:
What's up with that? So we can't collect lobsters from reef balls, wrecks, or sunken debris? I knew a great lobster hole centered around a refrigerator.

Yeah I know it really sucks. I know a couple of good spots right off the end of a windsurfing beach around an old engine block, and some sailboat moorings. :D

There was a guy fined several thousand dollars this summer for lobstering off a dock in one of the cannals in the keys.

Polly

Not to put a fine point on it, but if it is close, let it go (as hard as this may seem at the time). There is a small pad of fatty tissue on the rostrum of most bugs. I had a buddy measure a bug that was just legal if the fat was considered. We got boarded that day and the constable, with considerable strength, forced his gauge over the back of the carapace. Buddy got fined.

---Bob

ScubaBOBuba:
...and the constable, with considerable strength, forced his gauge over the back of the carapace. Buddy got fined.
See, now that's just being an a-hole. People don't have to be that way.

I love it now I can tell my buddies that I saw a monster bug but after closer inspection realized that "she' had the potential to lay more eggs next cycle :) Keep the shorties and ladies underwater, not just for the legal consequences but we wanna bug hunt for many many years to come.

Back
Top Bottom