Local advice please :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove in a wetsuit for the first 2 years and found on that was very comfortable(Atlan) and now I have a drysuit (Diving Concepts) and I have been able to dive twice as much because I am not cold anymore ...and the fit (custom) is very good , I love that the suit is light and easy to get in and out of and the underware is WARM!
Good luck with your shopping ....

I just thought I would add my 2 cents to this thread.. I've owned a DUI TLS 250 shell suit and curently own a DUI CF200 crushed neoprene suit. The shell suit was nice, but it was a looser fit than CF200. My weight fluctuates quite a bit during the year and I found that the CF200 is more "forgiving" :)
It will strech a bit to accomodate the post dive debriefing induced weight gain. The CF200 is heavier when you are suiting up (also an issue when traveling by air, and weight counts). I think the CF200 is more durable. Because of the stretch I also have more dexterity. I would definitely recommend it.. Did you know that DUI sells factory refurbished suits for way less cash than the stock suits? I know DUIs are expensive, but they are very comfy and durable..
As for undies.. I love my weazels.. they look like snow suits.. made in Britain I think.. They don't soak up moisture, are comfy, warm, and pack into a tiny place when not in use.. I even use the weazel socks around the house in the winter.. toasty...

sparky30:
As for undies.. I love my weazels.. they look like snow suits.. made in Britain I think.. They don't soak up moisture, are comfy, warm, and pack into a tiny place when not in use.. I even use the weazel socks around the house in the winter.. toasty...

I guess you never had a leak in your drysuit?

I've flooded my suit and my Weezle was fine, I didn't know it until I got out of the thing. It's either cotton and your wet or some polyester / nylon hybrid and your better.

Some people don't think that the Weezle vents air, the same people say that you shouldn't have much air in the suit anyway... huh?

Being a "Pro" at flooding my drysuit......hehehhe......I gotta say I'm not sure what the problem is supposed to be with the Weezles.

Until this year, I would regularly flood my dry suit, generally because of my spindly weasle (Not Weezle), neck :) Numerous neck seals, and with varying states of semi-consciousness, owing to how tight I had to have them.......

Lets just say if I even moved my head, it'd leak. I have come out of 37-39 degree water with my suit half full many times. Sure I was "chilly", but I can't imagine it being any different with any type of undergarmet. It was FULL of water!!!!

Owing to a change in the suit, I don't have the problem of leaking anymore, and I can't say the Weezles don't wick the sweat away, as I am pretty comfy and dry all the time now.

What seems to be the problem with the Weezles?

Steve

Scuba_Steve:
Being a "Pro" at flooding my drysuit......hehehhe......I gotta say I'm not sure what the problem is supposed to be with the Weezles.

Until this year, I would regularly flood my dry suit, generally because of my spindly weasle (Not Weezle), neck :) Numerous neck seals, and with varying states of semi-consciousness, owing to how tight I had to have them.......

Lets just say if I even moved my head, it'd leak. I have come out of 37-39 degree water with my suit half full many times. Sure I was "chilly", but I can't imagine it being any different with any type of undergarmet. It was FULL of water!!!!

Owing to a change in the suit, I don't have the problem of leaking anymore, and I can't say the Weezles don't wick the sweat away, as I am pretty comfy and dry all the time now.

Steve

As a former Weezle owner - i had two main issues with it:

-i was too darn cold in Extreme version if used the way i prefer to dive, i.e. just enough gas to keep the squeeze out. I could wear it to about 46F and after that diving was torture

- It did not vent fast enough from about 40 ft up, resulting in me having to go into the vertical position AND do weird contortions loosing sight of my team, etc.

On a plus side, the mobility in that thing was exceptional - and it dried very fast. I had it flooded as well and did not notice, but as i said, i tried not to dive it below 45F

The two problems that i had with it were serious enough for me to switch to 400g Diving Concepts (non-stretchy stuff), however, knowing that 99% of people have better cold tolerance than me, i can see why some people like their Weezles

Scuba_Steve:

Steve

I've experienced a few little leaks through the wrist gaskets and a few more through the neck and felt almost nothing. In fact on more than a few occasions I wasn't even aware of the breach until I pulled the suit off.

On another occasion in spring (after stretching the wrist gaskets all winter and then switching to wet gloves) I had a major ingress of water while diving in Morrison's quarry. This was May and the quarry was warmer than the river at this time. I froze my bits off so bad I was near hypothermic.

I'm not sure what's different about my Weezle but it sucked up a bucket of water. I'm convinced the Wezzle is awesome provided you stay dry, have a major breach and you could be in big COLD trouble. I'll be looking for a new home for mine as soon as my DC shows up. Happy diving,
UM

BTW, this is an old subject of debate and many threads can likely be found to support for and against. This is simply my experience and opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom