Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like the text is in black font , but you might want to correct the university name (the article says Texas A&M, not Texas ). Aggies get pretty upset when they get confused with Longhorns
Yep. I wrote what the title of the article said (la Universidad de Texas) , which was incorrect. Texas A&M not UT.

Funny story: When I was at UT, some of us started a business printing rolls of toilet paper with the schools of the Southwest Conference mascots on each sheet. Each roll featured a different school's mascot. We then got the student unions to sell the toilet paper to the universities' students. Each student union ordered rolls featuring the image of their rivals, EXCEPT Texas A&M. They only ordered A&M toilet paper. I never figured out if that meant something, or they just didn't get it. Years later, I was offered a position at the A&M's Institute of Nautical Archaeology, and when I would travel to meet fellow researchers at the lab in Bryan, Texas, I began to think the latter was true.

Yep. I wrote what the title of the article said (la Universidad de Texas) , which was incorrect. Texas A&M not UT.

Funny story: When I was at UT, some of us started a business printing rolls of toilet paper with the schools of the Southwest Conference mascots on each sheet. Each roll featured a different school's mascot. We then got the student unions to sell the toilet paper to the universities' students. Each student union ordered rolls featuring the image of their rivals, EXCEPT Texas A&M. They only ordered A&M toilet paper. I never figured out if that meant something, or they just didn't get it. Years later, I was offered a position at the A&M's Institute of Nautical Archaeology, and when I would travel to meet fellow researchers at the lab in Bryan, Texas, I began to think the latter was true.
Gig ‘em!

Just because your boat doesn't require wearing life vests doesn't mean it's a bad idea. Wear one. If the boat doesn't have any, don't board.
I have never worn a life jacket on a dive boat, nor have I ever seen anyone else do it. I will not, however, put on my weight belt until the boat has stopped.

I have never worn a life jacket on a dive boat,
No, it's not a common practice. I suggest that it's still a good idea.
nor have I ever seen anyone else do it.
I suspect that some laugh at me wearing my snorkel vest as I board.
I will not, however, put on my weight belt until the boat has stopped.
Good.

No, it's not a common practice. I suggest that it's still a good idea.

I suspect that some laugh at me wearing my snorkel vest as I board.

Good.
Of course, there are scenarios where wearing a life jacket would make things worse. If you are trapped under a flipped boat where down is the only way out, a life jacket will be a hindrance rather than a help.

The preferred nomenclature is personal floatation device.

I have to agree that even though Borge was a coked up crook, when Barcos Caribe was running it, it was the only point I saw Winjet or Ultra Mar even give lip service to customer service or competition.
Barcos Caribe was my preference. And I didn't get bombed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom