Local takes a hit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad you are back on your feet Jay.

On another note, if you aren't in the military get DAN insurance! Most insurance companies will not cover a chamber ride and with the current medical fields mantra of "do no harm.... to the bottom line" it's a safe bet that a doctor in an ER might do all he can to NOT put you in the chamber. Let DAN fight that fight for you.

Yes, good note to make. I had my own personal DAN fighting my fight (the one that carries guns), but if you are civilian it can definitely be an uphill battle without somebody by your side like DAN.

Yikes! Glad to hear that you're doing better.

I've suffered Alternobaric Vertigo in both cold and warm waters, but never 1hr post-dive. Probably ruled out in this instance.

Wow, this is spooky idiopathic. The only context I'm familiar with regarding Inner Ear/Vestibular DCS is with very deep dives on Trimix and deco'ing on a suboptimal, non-triox based deco gas.

hey jay,
get well soon!

maybe you should just drink more.. the vertigo would've felt normal :wink:
j.j.

I've suffered Alternobaric Vertigo in both cold and warm waters, but never 1hr post-dive. Probably ruled out in this instance.

Wow, this is spooky idiopathic. The only context I'm familiar with regarding Inner Ear/Vestibular DCS is with very deep dives on Trimix and deco'ing on a suboptimal, non-triox based deco gas.

Hey, who you calling idiopathic?

Yes, I still have the DMOs scrambling. My MRI is next week, so maybe that will yield something. Probably not, but we shall see.

hey jay,
get well soon!

maybe you should just drink more.. the vertigo would've felt normal :wink:
j.j.

Thanks.

Yea, I could try to start drinking as soon as I come out of the water next time. That way the symptoms would be ofset some. :crafty:

..Yes, I still have the DMOs scrambling. My MRI is next week, so maybe that will yield something. Probably not, but we shall see.
i had an MRI once.. 'kept the picture..
"SEE!.. i do have a brain!" :eyebrow:

Wow Jay,
Glad everything went well and you had good people by your side to help. Must have been pretty creepy losing yourself like that out of nowhere.

close to home.

glad to hear you are ok there jay.
at least u didnt do anything to make me revoke your c-cards, of course i think i only have my name on one of your cards. :p
take care of yourself
Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom