Local Vancouver conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fantastic vis today at Copper Cove. tropical 44 degrees, 46 at depth (84') Octo, copper rockfish, kelp greenling, gold dirona and yellow margin nudis. no puget sound crabs today. great dive!!
Thanks Jeckyll, Warren,Chris.
We'll head out again soon.

Les: I can't believe how nice the viz was at the top. Tropical clarity to start the dive (i.e. well over 20 feet :wink: ).

Great dive, never seen 4 golden dirona's on a single dive before. I'm not surprised that there were no crabs, that octo den has so many shells out front ...

:)

Bjorn

S. starfish:
I know a guy who used to dive with argon, but quit. Said the advantage wasn't worth the cost.

But who needs argon when you could have chilli?

You could put chili in your suit, but it might work better if you eat it.

creamofwheat:
Just so ya know...dove Kelvin Grove today and the viz is looking spectacular. Surface temperature was a little on the cold side (a rockin' 41F) but at depth it hit about 46F.

Seriously, in these temperatures, how do you guys keep warm? I wear a Bare hi-loft with a layer of fleece AND some polypropylene longjohns (and dry gloves with fleece gloves underneath) and i cant feel fingers or toes after about 20 mins, and the shivering starts after about 10 mins. It's COLD.

Hell, I could almost last 20 minutes in my old wetsuit before shivering in 40C water. :D

How does the Bare hi-loft compare to the Whites stuff? I only get a bit cold in 40C water with my Whites MK-2 john and the very light MK-1 shirt -- wearing shorts and a light coolmax shirt underneath. Don't forget to wear non-cotton though, as I hear that'll freeze you quick. I'm still using wet gloves, so I don't know what to do there though.

On a side note, we've just rented a place in North Van for January. I can't wait to check out the diving over there, and hopefully the sunshine coast.

- ChillyWaters

so, its droppin down to 26C here next month, have to wear my 2mm under the 7mm...

:D

someone want to head over to S Surrey and send me my drysuit? please?

ya ya Mike... rub it in. At least I'll be in warm water myself soon :) You mentioned South Surrey. Did you live in the area? Did you dive out of Ocean Pro?

Chilly... I's still using wet gloves myself (although I'm going dry with my new dry suit:) Anyway, in the winter I put those stretchy, thin, knit (Helly Hanson) gloves under my wet gloves. It serves as another layer and traps the water in close, warming it up. I find it does help.

yep, did my advanced through instructor at Ocean Pro when Pierre was running the place

And yes, i thoroughly enjoy rubbin it in.. :D (especially to SeanQ) :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom