Lodging San Cristobal-Galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceancat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi. We are going to spend a few extra days on the front side of our Galapagos aggressor trip probably san cristobal. The boat is scheduled to leave from there. Does anyone have experience with staying on san cristobal and can recommend lodging/tour guides? There seems to be more info about Baltra/Santa Cruz, but since the boat is leaving out of the other island, I thought it better to stay in San Cristobal--or could we take a ferry to San Cristobal the day the Aggressor leaves port? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Are you sure about the departure? I've flown into both San Cristobal (in 2005 when Baltra was being repaired) and Baltra (2007). I think our trip itinerary on the 'net said a San Cristobal departure but these days the Baltra airport is open and we flew there last September. Might want to confirm that.

As far as a ferry, Baltra - San Cristobal is a several hour boat ride (8?).

Hi. Yes, I checked with Aggressor, we are scheduled to start in San Cristobal. The airport was being repaired there the last several months and is opening up again this month-but that is likely why your last cruise was through Baltra. They have offered to let us off when they get to Santa Cruz and not go back to San Cristobal so we can do our exploring from Santa Cruz. However, after talking to our friends last night who are also going with us, I think we are back to going to the rainforest, so I will go back to your recommendations, Chris M, with the jungle lodges. The main goal is to see monkeys and birds.

Can anyone recommend a hotel in quito that would be ok with us keeping our stuff there while we are in the jungle? Doesn't have to be 5 star, but something nicer than a youth hostel. Thanks.

I booked the Amazon Inn Hostel Ka7 suggested in "hauling.." thread. Looks like the perfect place. The prices are mid-range and it seems like a fairly secure neighborhood, according to Lonely Planet.

In Puerto Baquerizo Moreno (San Cristobal), there are a few hotels that you can lookup online. LP suggests Hotel Miconia

I'm hoping to catch the ferry to Santa Cruz upon my return from Wolf/Darwin islands. AFAIK, the ferry leaves at 8AM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom