Lois Ann or Seaclypse Boat Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akeric

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am brand spanking new to this. In fact I won't have my OW cert until December 08. My family and I are going to CA for vacation in January 09. We're making a trip to San Diego and I'd like to start getting some dives under my belt. With my OW cert and lack of experience it looks as if a kelp dive might be a good start and it sounds pretty awesome two. Has anyone ever dove with the Lois Ann or the Seaclypse? Any other recommendations? :confused: Thanks in advance.

Eric
Anchorage, Alaska

I enjoyed diving off the Lois Ann. Good boat, crew and Nitrox!

I second Lois Anne. Dove with them a number of times, enjoyed the crew boat is big enough but not too big, and it is pretty fast.

I've never gone diving with either boat, but I've never heard of the Seaclypse and I've never heard anything bad about the Lois Ann (in fact, I've heard only very good reviews about the Lois Ann).

I have only good things to say about the Lois Ann. I have never dove off of the Seaclypse, so I can't tell you either way.

It would seem that from the responses the Lois Ann would be a safe bet.

Before you book on any boat, please make sure your skill level is in line with the type of dives the boat will be doing.

Congratulations on going for your OW, hope you have a great time and super diving experiences.

Lois Ann is a great boat. Can't go wrong with them.

As a personal choice I dive almost exclusively with Marissa dive charters.
Capt Carl and Capt Anita run a fantastic boat for basic OW all the way up to extreme tech stuff and they insure EVEYONE has a great/safe dive. Consider them when looking for a boat.

Terry

I 2nd that motion for the Marissa and Capt Carl.... and let me tell you Anita is WONDERFUL!!!

What might also be an option along with the shore dive.... I always love diving La Jolla Cove. Perfect for a newbie diver. Lots to see, easy access and fairly shallow at max 30-40 swf. Cove has soupfin sharks, GSB, lobsters... lots and lots of things to see.

Opps.... wait.... hold that thought!!!! Did you say your gonna dive in January?? Burrrrrrr.....get ready for some cold. LOL Svae your money and dive Cozumel.... Just kidding, but be aware, its gonna be cold.

I'll third the Marissa. They're great, and I'll only dive with them.

Thanks to everyone for all the input. It is greatly appreciated. I definatley have no plans on doing anything remotely outside my ability. I've been reading the book Shadow Divers and have read how quick you can get in over your head. We are merely guests in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom