Long hose bolt snap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

your's should have a boltsnap 1 cm up from the mouthpiece.

Don't you want it a little further up the tube in case you need to access your snorkel from the clipped position? :D

Don't you want it a little further up the tube in case you need to access your snorkel from the clipped position? :D

No, you only want your snorkel folded up and secured with a loop of bungee, then clipped off in the right pocket only. :wink:

If I urgently need my snorkel and can't unclip it, I go to my backup snorkel first.

your's should have a boltsnap 1 cm up from the mouthpiece.

Ahhh. That explains the nose pearcing. Doubles as an alternate snorkle anchor location when all you D-rings are full. :D

What about when I donate my primary snorkel and switch to my back-up?

I put the bolt snap three fingers out from the regulator on the hose. When I grab the hose to remove the regulator, the bolt snap falls precisely between my index and middle finger. This makes clipping off the long hose reg to the right D-ring a "snap"! I can grab the long hose and clip it off in about 1 second without fumbling with the bolt snap.

If you put the bolt snap anywhere else, you'll have to change your grasp on it in order to clip it to the right D-ring.

From Pg 3 of "Dive" by R&B Carrier 1955:
French girl diver with snorkel tucked jauntily in her bikini.

Picture050.jpg

I'd just bring her along to hold my snorkel :eyebrow: .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom