Long Hose Skill question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, Seems like a bunch of work. No wonder you have to practice so much. I would like to get into this. Keep up the good pointers for working with this type of rig. I love extra work and training. Thanks.

FATHOMDIVER,

Looking at your profile, you are a cave diver. You should already by well versed in this. No?

FATHOMDIVER,

I had to practice to get it with the short hose as well. I go the quarry or pool at least once a month for a strictly training dive in order to practice skills and work on my ability. No matter what rig I dive, for me at least, it takes work and practice to get the skills down and improve.

JamesK

Thanks for your imput. I haven't added the bolt snap to my reg yet but I will this week. I think that breathing off the backup will help as with the primary clipped off it will be less likely to get in the way.

Thanks again.

Chad

Yeah, I just like to listen in on the new ones. The 7ft. is easier than the 5 ft & the canister helps.

I haven't added the bolt snap to my reg yet but I will this week.

If you haven't done it yet, wrap a tank neck O ring around the hose and secure it to the bolt snap with a ziptie. Works great, breakaway if needed, and easy to rig.

Originally posted by O-ring
If you haven't done it yet, wrap a tank neck O ring around the hose and secure it to the bolt snap with a ziptie. Works great, breakaway if needed, and easy to rig.
I use a ubiquitous bicycle innertube strip (as another board jokingly refers to it, a UBIS :)) to hold the bolt snaps on my primary, SPG and light head. Cheap, easy to install and I got plenty laying around for all the other UBIS applications (backup lights, etc.).

When I took Cave I JJ looked at them and never said anything one way or another, so I assume they passed muster. :)

Roak

When I took Cave I JJ looked at them and never said anything one way or another, so I assume they passed muster.

yeah, made me nervous with him looking over my gear. They seemed pretty interested in my Canadian Extreme backup lights, but never told me anything... Other than that, all my gear was pretty ok other than my Mares fins...I am getting jetfins as soon as I figure out a way to pay for them..

Thanks for the tips. I will have to work on it.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom