Long Island NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi John,
I am from the Hamptons.. and I am also VERY New to this site..
I have been lurking for a couple of weeks just looking for a chance to jump in.. Where ya from??:)

HEY JOHN,

hello ther, i am also from long island, valley stream. im new to this board and scuba in general, fell in love with it the first time i got in the water with all my gear, were are u from?,

I WISH, I HAVENT GOTTEN A CHANCE TO HEAD OUT TO THE EAST MORE, I DO MOST CERTAINLY PLANE ON IT. CAN YOU RECOMEND ANY NICE SPOTS, HEY MAYBE ILL SE YA OUT THER SOME TIME...:wave:

Hi Scubahb & ANTSINHISPANTS

I'm gald to see that i'm not the only LIer reading this board. I'm in Islip Terrace. Scubahb Shinnecock & Ponnquoge Bridge are 2 of my favorite dive sites. Have either of you ever dove at Cedar Point County Park? Montauk West Jetty is also one of my favorite dive sites.
Where do you guys dive?
John

=-)

Hey Guys,
John, if you dive the bridge than most likely we know each other..That is my local dive spot..I'm there just about at every tide.. I am a divemaster and also crew on the JeanMarie Dive Boat.
Antsinhispants, The Ponquogue Bridge is probably your bet bet for good beach diving that is fairly easy.. There is a current problem so you really have to watch the tide chart..We normallly go in about 12-20 minutes BEFORE high tide..I normally get about 80-90 minutes per dive at max 30 fsw.. There are great Photo oportunilies when the tropicals {Angels, Butterflies, Triggers, Puffers, etc.} come in in last August through September..

Is Cedar Point Park out in Orient?? John?? Have you been to Horton's Point??

Scubahb,

Yes I've been to Hortons Pt. Nice dive, just the stairs are a Bit**
I suggest taking as little gear as possible and gearup in the parking lot.
I looking forward to getting out on the JeanMarie this summer, it's been a while since I've done any wreck diving. I think I'm going to try Ponquoge next weekend.
Cedar Pt county park is on the north side of the south fork I think near east hampton but not sure.

J
=-)

Hi freddy:)

lived in Huntington for most of my life now living in Flushing Queens with my wife.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom