Long Island NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi all.....instead of a new post i'll just jump in here...live in CT now,but grew up in Flushing/Bayside area and spent lots of time clubbing out on the island way back when..i've still to take my open water....from my memories of Jones beach i don't see the appeal of diving up here...should i do my open water here or save it for vacation in grand cayman???

Hey Guys,
i live in Suffolk county and since I am a teacher, I have plenty of time to go diving during the summer. I have never dove the bridge before, but planning to do it this summer. What is the vis like? If any of you guys need a part time dive buddy, give me a email. My wife is my other dive buddy, but since she does not live the good life of a teacher, want to find another buddy. I currently dive Halcyon rig, with apeks regulators and a smart com dive computer. See you guys maybe at the lake.

Danny

I didn't realize there were so many Long Islander's onboard. I grew up in Deer Park. I haven't lived there in a while but generally spend some time there durring my leave. I didn't realize there were that many local diving options up there. Next time I'll bring my gear with me :)

Welcome to the board!

Peace,
Cathie

:) Hey Ron!! I guess you got rained out for today.. went yesterday and had about 10 foot viz at best on the Mandy and 3 on the flattop!!! I want BLUE water!!!!=-)

Freddy:
Waiting on the good weather and vis...looking forward to getting the BBQ fired up too. Im not on the boat this weekend but hopefully by the following week things will have cleared up.
Ron

I am on for Sunday and the Markland wreck.. anyone else interested out there?? 104 foot, good lobstering and spearfishing.. two dives.. Salty will you be there wilth me??

Sorry Freddy, Im heading up up up state with Joe Z for a class. Ill be out next week though.
Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom