Long term accommodation in Saban - PG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jackuk

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All :), It's my first post !
I am in Sabang at the moment but mobility is rather restricted due to a motorbike accident :(
Looking for long term (1-3 months +) accommodation in Sabang
The criteria is as below
1. Cheap around 10,000 php per month
2. Cooker and kettle -> I really miss the B&Bs in the UK
3. Nice area - either at the seafront or on a mountain top -- what is the best area to stay ? Sabang beach / lighthouse / etc ?
4. Optional - daily house keeping
5. Must be comfortable as I will be staying for some time.
Thanks again for any advice especially if you have lived here for some time. It would be great if I can reciprocate by buying you a few beers ++ :)
Best regards,
Jack

If you don't need to stay in Sabang check out Big LaLaguna, they have cottages as you just walk around the point.
Also a bit further down maybe 100meters there is Cataquis, they have several cottages that are pretty in expensive.
Just ask the the folks at the restaurant (Cataquis) and they can give you price.
Oh check with Mark at Searider. I believe they have an arrangement with the building next door, very cheap.
My friend always stays at Tina's place on the other side of Sabang, also inexpensive.

Good recommendation from blue steal. Cataquis on Big Lalaguna (about 20-mins walk from Sabang) is a good candidate for economical long term accommodation. When I stayed and dove with Big Lalaguna Dive Resort back in 2010, I checked the Cataquis cottages during one of my surface intervals. I even asked for their price: Php 500 to 700 per night (1-bedroom) and Php 1500 per night for a 2 bedroom. I didn't ask for their monthly rate. They have a restaurant beside the cottage called Kaye en Em Fastfood. Cel: (0920) 223-8319. You can call them for monthly pricing.

Again, as blue steal mentioned, there are other cottages along Big Lalaguna that you can check out. Big Lalaguna is a small cove and it won't take on that long to walk from end to end. It is a nice and quiet place away from the hussle and bustle of Sabang. However, it is not too far from Sabang if you want some action.

Cheers Blue steal :), I will have a look tomorrow.
Please let me know when you are here in Sabang I will treat you to lots of beers :)
Jack

If you don't need to stay in Sabang check out Big LaLaguna, they have cottages as you just walk around the point.
Also a bit further down maybe 100meters there is Cataquis, they have several cottages that are pretty in expensive.
Just ask the the folks at the restaurant (Cataquis) and they can give you price.
Oh check with Mark at Searider. I believe they have an arrangement with the building next door, very cheap.
My friend always stays at Tina's place on the other side of Sabang, also inexpensive.

---------- Post Merged at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Thanks Joe :), please let me know if you are up for a beer :)
Good recommendation from blue steal. Cataquis on Big Lalaguna (about 20-mins walk from Sabang) is a good candidate for economical long term accommodation. When I stayed and dove with Big Lalaguna Dive Resort back in 2010, I checked the Cataquis cottages during one of my surface intervals. I even asked for their price: Php 500 to 700 per night (1-bedroom) and Php 1500 per night for a 2 bedroom. I didn't ask for their monthly rate. They have a restaurant beside the cottage called Kaye en Em Fastfood. Cel: (0920) 223-8319. You can call them for monthly pricing.

Again, as blue steal mentioned, there are other cottages along Big Lalaguna that you can check out. Big Lalaguna is a small cove and it won't take on that long to walk from end to end. It is a nice and quiet place away from the hussle and bustle of Sabang. However, it is not too far from Sabang if you want some action.

@jackuk, thanks but I will have to take a rain check. I am back in home base (Canada) right now . Maybe someday we'll run into each other in PG.

Please let me know when you are here in Sabang I will treat you to lots of beers :)

Jack

If you like to drink beer then I would suggest the full Moon bar. It is right next to the BananaMoon resort close to Action divers and Mark at Searider dive op. it's in small lalaguna just down from the el galleon point bar.
It is right on the beach, great happy hour from 5pm-10pm with san mig (cold) for about a $1 US. Plus very friendly bar keeps.
I can't make it till February.

---------- Post Merged at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Mark at Searider might be able to help you out as well, he has rooms behind his shop and other contacts nearby.

Cheers Blue steal :), I like the bar, checked it out the other day with a friend. Unfortunately this being the low season, they closed around 10, so ended up at the blue ribbon, which reminded me of a Thai beer bar (or bar beer at the thais would call it )

Jack

If you like to drink beer then I would suggest the full Moon bar. It is right next to the BananaMoon resort close to Action divers and Mark at Searider dive op. it's in small lalaguna just down from the el galleon point bar.
It is right on the beach, great happy hour from 5pm-10pm with san mig (cold) for about a $1 US. Plus very friendly bar keeps.
I can't make it till February.

Hi Blue,
I went to Sabang on the 22nd of Aug, fell off a nice 200cc dirt bike and injured my foot (should have worn shoes !, and been sober !!! ) on the 23rd :(
still waiting to recover !
Got back to KL on the 22nd of Sep, will be back in Sabang 10th Oct
stayed at Sabang Inn
Checked out the Cabins in Big La Laguna, it's a very nice area.
I probably will endup staying there .

Thanks for replying to my other post as well.
I will pop in to see the dive shops you recommended.

Miss the Red Horse beer and BBQ from the Pier
Where did you wind up staying and who are you diving with? would love to hear a trip report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom