Longtime diver, new to SB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USdiver1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hello all,

I've been a certified diver since the mid 1970s, and within a few weeks, my entire family (wife and kids) will all be certified. My favorite types of o/w diving include spearfishing, u/w photography, and vintage equipment use.

USdiver1

Welcome to ScubaBoard, we have you covered in each of your interests. . . click on the "Forums" button on the top of the page. Scroll down that list of topics till you reach "Underwater Hunting", we have to include the lobster hunters. Also, in that area of underwater topics you'll find photography. . . scroll down further to find the Vintage dive pages.

I'm surprised at the interest in vintage gear, I was happy to replace all that old gear with more modern equipment. The old "dial a death" went through rubber seals a couple of times a year, and the old "deepstar" wouldn't keep up with air demand when a gar came after me with those pearly whites.

Thanks for the welcome Mudhole. I should have been clearer: while I enjoy my vintage equipment, call it the Mike Nelson effect, I also have modern scuba equipment for more strenuous dives. Where the old stuff does come into its strength is u/w photography where I can breath lightly and get real close to the subject without spooking it with my bubbles. Also with the advent of silicone rubber duckbills, hoses and diaphrams, the old stuff is much less likely to suffer equipment meltdown like the old neoprene rubber parts.

And as for lobstering, well bugs do taste much better if you catch them yourself.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom