New diver in Arizona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MotoB

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just saying Hi. I have wanted to scuba dive for years and my wife signed us up for my birthday. We completed our OW a month ago.
Our family are heading to Oahu for my parents 50th anniversary next week.
We are the only divers, so will only get a couple in but looking forward to getting our first ocean dives in.
I have learned a bit from lurking around SB for a while and look forward to learning much more for this wealth of knowledge.
Thanks all
MotoB 😎

Congratulations on getting your OW cert., a big hurdle in entry to recreational diving. And welcome to ScubaBoard. Enjoy Hawaii.

Richard.

Hi and welcome aboard.

Welcome! I live next door in New Mexico. We do most of our diving south of AZ on the Sea of Cortez. Puerto Penasco is a couple hours south of PHX and San Carlos (where we go) could be driven in a day.

Thanks all.
CycleCat my sister lives in Las Cruces. I’m trying to talk her into a Try Scuba.
Looks like one of our LDS has a boat in San Carlos and makes trips regularly.
MotoB

If you're talking about El Mar, they are the best boat to dive with in San Carlos! If you ever want to tag along, we can show you how to get there. It's a 9-hour drive from Taos to Nogales, AZ. We overnight there and cross the border in the morning... arriving in SC after about 5 more hours.

Welcome - check out the Diver Down boat at cyborgpirate.com. Goes from the South Ramp at Lake Pleasant and is a great time and a great place to learn.

Back
Top Bottom