Looking at LX-5.... want feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralcruiser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Like the title says, I am interested in getting feedback from people that shoot with the LX-5,

Need a new camera (strictly for UW shooting) and want to hear about the pros and cons of this one.

Will be using it with a subsee +10 for supermacro about 60% of the time. My strobe is the inon s2000.

The LX5 focuses quite quickly, and has a nice sensor. Keep in mind that when using a strong diopter like the subsee +10, you want a longer zoom lens so you can zoom in and get as much magnification as possible. The LX5 only zooms to 90mm, so you'll get more magnification from other compacts like the G12 which have a longer zoom. Good luck! - Scott

The LX5 focuses quite quickly, and has a nice sensor. Keep in mind that when using a strong diopter like the subsee +10, you want a longer zoom lens so you can zoom in and get as much magnification as possible. The LX5 only zooms to 90mm, so you'll get more magnification from other compacts like the G12 which have a longer zoom. Good luck! - Scott

Thanks for the info Scott!!

Would I be able to use my +10 effectively with the E-PM1?? Do you know if nauticam has any plans to make a housing for it?

If you have any other cameras that you think I should look at, feel free to let me know... as long as I can keep costd aroun $1500 +/-

Back
Top Bottom