Looking for 3 BR villa or house for January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnmpcny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Heading back to Bonaire just after the news years for 10 days. Need a place for 5 with 3-4 bedrooms and a dive locker is a big plus. Of course on main dive side of the island.

Stayed at the major places ( liked CCB) looking for something with more bedrooms. Anyone have any leads on a condo, villa or house that rents?

Will likely use Buddy for tanks and trucks again.

Thank you

BelMar condos - the other Buddy Dive location in BelMar has 3BR upstairs units. All of them face west with ocean views. No food there though for that you have to drive 5mins north around the lagoon past the airport to town. They are as nice inside as they look. http://www.belmar-bonaire.com/

Guests also get use of the Buddy drive-thru. Or if you rent nearby, tank pickup for off-site diving is pretty convenient also. It's a short wide property so the shop is at the south end about 20' from the road. If you stay there, your condo key gets you into the public area of the shop 24/7 for tanks etc.

For something a little nicer - I can't exactly place these but they're nearby: Piet boon I get the sense that 2-3 are waterfront with the others behind them.

Sunbelt also has a lot of options: Sunbelt Realty - Bonaire - bonaire holiday rentals

Last edited:
Bonaire Sunset Villa currently has availability January 4 thru 16. It's an oceanfront residence in front of The Cliff dive site and literally just steps from Dive Friends Bonaire's Hamlet dive shop with drive-thru tank station. The owner, Lamber, lives on-island and takes good care of the property and his guests. We haven't stayed there because we just travel as a couple and only need one bedroom. But we stay a couple of houses due south at Beachcomber Villas and have enjoyed getting to know Lamber recently too. We've been using the DFB shop for access to shore diving tanks for several years and love it.

You can also find many other options on VRBO, HomeAway, and local Bonaire rental broker sites like Sunbelt as mentioned previously.

Check out the Beaurang Residence offered through Sun Rentals. It's directly on the water, located between Plaza and Divi. It has two floors that can be rented together or just one. If you only rent one floor, they will not rent the 2nd to another group, ensuring you have the grounds to yourself. Both floors are 3 bed/3 bath. A/C only in the bedrooms (standard on Bonaire).

We stayed at this Villa in Sabadeco from May 2 thru 17.. Definitely the nicest accomodations we've ever had on Bonaire. Fully air conditioned, modern, totally secure with safe and alarm system, private mineral pool and private staircase right to Andrea 1 divesite. We loved it so much that on most nights we just hung out, made shishkabobs on the BBQ and ran the blender ragged. The sunsets were outstanding every night.. We also bought our Nitrox pckg from Buddies...just 5 minutes south of the Villa. Also had breakfast at Buddies almost every day.. s

We'll be going back there for sure next year. I havn't even had a chance to go through all my video yet.... but the last part of the snip below shows a good shot of the pool area as well as an interesting encounter with an iguana that was sleeping in our pool after we returned from a dive and my camera was still loaded in the housing and ready to go.

Villa Crown Ridge #12 | Luxury ocean front Villa Bonaire

[video=youtube;qR2pLDYMCTM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR2pLDYMCTM[/video]

I second Bonaire sunset villa. Our group of 10 rented lambers place and such a grs host!!!! He had snacks (and champagne!) waiting for us at our 6am arrival and also included a prepaid phone in case we needed to call pasa bon pizza :)

Rental is by bedroom and so you can rent only 4 bedrooms for your group.

We loved the lanai to have dinner on each night. Massive kitchen so we had room to prepare lunches. Short walk to don fosters. Right on cliff dive site.. We have stayed there again but won't this next time (someone booked our week a day before we contacted lamber, haha)

Youmcouldnt ask for a better host!

Short walk to don fosters.
Kind of a long walk actually - Foster's is on Grand Cayman...LOL. Don Stewart was Cap't Don of Habitat fame - he just passed recently..:depressed:

For the OP - I see this villa available occasionally. It's in Santa Barbara - slightly north of town. I don't believe it's waterfront but it does have a pool.
http://www.vrbo.com/331753ha

Sorry...captn don for Bonaire. Yes, very sad. We picked up his book/autograph last time we were there..

Loved Casa Del Mar with Sun Belt Realty. Villa “Casa Del Mar” had some bad reviews in the past, but they have completely remodeled it and it is gorgeous. The House has its own reef “Small Wall”, which was my favorite reef with the exception of “Hilma Hooker”. The house has a wonderful infinity pool, private beach and no real neighbors. There is a gated carport and a safe so we always felt secure. The Black Durgon Inn was our closet real neighbor. The location for unlimited air was perfect as “Buddy Dive” was only minutes away. The Zhung Kong Supermarket was also only minutes away and was perfect for all the things we ran out of mid week. I would stay here again if I returned to Bonaire.

Back
Top Bottom