Looking for a buddy in Curacao between 9th - 22nd August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is perfect. I am also staying at the Marriot from Aug 17 through the 23rd. Moreover, I am also looking for a dive buddy.

PM Sent...

Whoa!! it seems we will have a whole bunch of sboers in Curacao at the same time.

Now I cant wait to join RJP and gooner69 at the Marriot. Vacation.. 2 weeks more.. arrrgg why!!!!

Whoa!! it seems we will have a whole bunch of sboers in Curacao at the same time.

Now I cant wait to join RJP and gooner69 at the Marriot. Vacation.. 2 weeks more.. arrrgg why!!!!

ScubaBoard Invades the Netherlands Antilles!

We are going to be in Westpunt, staying at All West from August 15th to the 22nd. Maybe we can all meet at Sunshine's restaurant, Sol Food, on the 15th or 16th for dinner??
Sunshine, can we all fit??
Maybe we can all go to Watamula on the afternoon Ocean Encounters boat one day. Do we have enough for a charter?:D

The biker doesn't arrive until the 17th. Lets contact Bryan or Andreas to set up a SB Watamula afternoon trip for Tuesday the 18th or Wednesday the 19th (I shop on Thursdays) and then we'll plan on pizza here afterward. Hello Bryan! Hello Andreas! Pencil us in and we'll let you know how many. Really, OEW is very flexible and Watamula can easily be arranged. Getting the manta ray to show may be a different story....

The biker doesn't arrive until the 17th. Lets contact Bryan or Andreas to set up a SB Watamula afternoon trip for Tuesday the 18th or Wednesday the 19th (I shop on Thursdays) and then we'll plan on pizza here afterward. Hello Bryan! Hello Andreas! Pencil us in and we'll let you know how many. Really, OEW is very flexible and Watamula can easily be arranged. Getting the manta ray to show may be a different story....
Hi Sunshine,
That works for us. Two for Watamula & Pizza! Either day (18th or 19th) is fine.

Hi Sunshine,
That works for us. Two for Watamula & Pizza! Either day (18th or 19th) is fine.

I'm travelling with non-diving spouse and non-diving kids, so am beholden to their schedule. Will have to see what "she-who-must-be-obeyed" thinks about the idea!

She's always quick to remind me that DIVING comes right before DIVORCE in the phonebook for a reason...

:D

I'm travelling with non-diving spouse and non-diving kids, so am beholden to their schedule. Will have to see what "she-who-must-be-obeyed" thinks about the idea!

She's always quick to remind me that DIVING comes right before DIVORCE in the phonebook for a reason...

:D
Propose to her an all day thing like Andreas suggested .. Alice in Wonderland in the AM, etc ..
If you rent a car, feel invited to visit us at Playa Kalki in Westpoint one day. From the Mariott it takes something like 45 minutes to get here. You may want to do a dive at our house reef Alice in Wonderland in the morning, and join a 1-tank-trip in the afternoon to Watamula, which is only a 5 minute boat ride away from our dive shop. Watamula is certainly one of the very best dive sites on Curacao, as you may have read in many posts on this board. While you are diving, your family can enjoy the beach. There is also a beach bar for snacks and drinks. Or maybe your kids would like to give Scuba a try and do the PADI Discover Scuba Diving course with us?
.. or explore the western part of the island in the AM.
Then you can negotiate down to an afternoon boat ride and then pizza for the whole family. :wink:

There are a few shore activities in the area. Shete Boca is 4 miles from OEW. There are trails to walk or go by car. At Playa Pistol the force of the water shoots the water back after hitting the shore that it's like a gun exploding. At Boca Wandomi the kids can write their name with rocks and broken pieces of coral for a fun photo. If they are daring they can jump from the cliff at Playa Forti or Playa Knip. Landhuis Knip is a small museum dedicated to Tula the leader of the slave revolution. They might like to tour it - closed on Mondays and ask for a tour in English. It's only a mile drive to Watamula (on Shore) where they can see the eye of Curacao and hear the island breathing. Or just snorkel at Playa Kalki during your 75 minute - one hour - dive. Just kidding, Andreas and Bryan! And then pizza with the group. If your wife really doesn't want to make the drive, there is a new fish pedicure place in town and she can stay and have her feet nibbled while you join us. That might not be high on your list of activities during the week. If you can't make it to Westpunt and we don't see you, have a great vacation. I snorkeled with friends this morning and David is out diving with our guests this afternoon. The water is cleeaar today!

Are there any firm plans yet for a meetup ? If nothing else, I'd love to meet some SBers in Curacao for dinner and/or drinks. We'll be there Aug 16-21, staying at Habitat.
DanB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom