Looking for a buddy in Curacao between 9th - 22nd August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The biker doesn't arrive until the 17th. Lets contact Bryan or Andreas to set up a SB Watamula afternoon trip for Tuesday the 18th or Wednesday the 19th (I shop on Thursdays) and then we'll plan on pizza here afterward. Hello Bryan! Hello Andreas! Pencil us in and we'll let you know how many. Really, OEW is very flexible and Watamula can easily be arranged. Getting the manta ray to show may be a different story....

Hi Sunshine,

I just saw your post here. Let's talk about it with Bryan tonight.

I'd suggest any SB member interested in joining a one-tank-trip to Watamula on Aug 18th or 19th please send a short email to info@oceanencounterswest.com, so we see how many divers we would have on board and tell you a price.

Greetings from All West Apartments
Andreas

Soooooooooooooooooooo Jealous...................................You will love Curacao

Parachute,
How's the diving? I've been in in Aruba for the past 3 days, minus my dive gear thank to United. We are headed to Curacao this morning with my reunited dive gear! Also traveling with my wife and 16 year old daughter. We will be staying at Breezes for the next 3 days. PM me if you want to get together for a dive or beers.

Hi Divemoose,

Just got here myself, staying just up the road from you. PM sent...

Are there any firm plans yet for a meetup ? If nothing else, I'd love to meet some SBers in Curacao for dinner and/or drinks. We'll be there Aug 16-21, staying at Habitat.
DanB
Dan, We are staying at AllWest Apts in Westpunt from the 15th to the 22nd and plan on doing that Watamula PM dive and going to Sunshines after for Pizza. I plan on having a beer or two with that Sol Food pizza. (not just any pizza)
I'm not sure which day yet (18th or 19th) as either works for us.
It's my first trip to Curacao, but I hear that the diving in Alice in Wonderland is not to be missed. So come on up early on and join us for shore dives in the AM then the boat dive & pizza in the PM. If you can't make the dives then come on up for pizza & beer.
Once we get a few more participants, we can choose a day based on which is best for the most people.

Hi Sunshine,

I just saw your post here. Let's talk about it with Bryan tonight.

I'd suggest any SB member interested in joining a one-tank-trip to Watamula on Aug 18th or 19th please send a short email to info@oceanencounterswest.com, so we see how many divers we would have on board and tell you a price.

Greetings from All West Apartments
Andreas

Email sent - be interested in One-tank watamula trip and hanging out at Playa Kalki with the family, adding in a dive at Alice in Wonderland as well!

Dan, We are staying at AllWest Apts in Westpunt from the 15th to the 22nd and plan on doing that Watamula PM dive and going to Sunshines after for Pizza. I plan on having a beer or two with that Sol Food pizza. (not just any pizza)
It's my first trip to Curacao, but I hear that the diving in Alice in Wonderland is not to be missed. So come on up early on and join us for shore dives in the AM then the boat dive & pizza in the PM. If you can't make the dives then come on up for pizza & beer.
Once we get a few more participants, we can choose a day based on which is best for the most people.

Sounds good!

Thanks, that sounds great. At this point we have already paid for 3 2-tank boat dives and unlimited shore diving at Habitat. As I understand it, Habitat has a reciprocal agreement with Ocean Encounters for shore diving, I'm not sure if this applies to boat dives as well. At any rate, I wouldnt mind paying extra for another dive, but I'd have to see how my wife feels about Watamula... she's not AOW if that matters.
DanB

Thanks, that sounds great. At this point we have already paid for 3 2-tank boat dives and unlimited shore diving at Habitat. As I understand it, Habitat has a reciprocal agreement with Ocean Encounters for shore diving, I'm not sure if this applies to boat dives as well. At any rate, I wouldnt mind paying extra for another dive, but I'd have to see how my wife feels about Watamula... she's not AOW if that matters.
DanB
Dan, My sense is that Watamula might have some current and is best done as a boat drift dive for this reason. I don't think AOW is really required. I know that neither my wife nor I have that badge. On Coz, all the boat dives are drift dives and they get a lot of freshly certified divers and divers-in-training.
I will let someone who has done the dive (Andreas / Bryan / Sunshine) answer with more authority.
Curaçao Actief < Site description

Hi Dan,
Watamula has always been done as a drift dive - as in heading in one direction and surfacing, every time I've gone. There has only been one time when the current was strong enough that it was hard to stop and smell the anemones. Besides the divemaster and her hubby, your wife will be in the fine company of fellow Scubaboarders who will keep an eye on her. AOW is not required for the dive.
Best fishes, Sunshine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom