Closed Looking for a complete regulator set

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calcutio

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all: I'm looking to buy a complete regulator set. I'm wrapping up two years of grad school and will be working as a DM over the summer, so my budget is somewhat limited. I'm aiming for something in the $600-$700 range, and preferably from a global brand that can be serviced in both Europe and the US (Scubapro, Acqualung, etc.). Also - looking for a DIN 1st stage, and ideally a bar readout on the SPG.

Thank you!

Hi all: I'm looking to buy a complete regulator set. I'm wrapping up two years of grad school and will be working as a DM over the summer, so my budget is somewhat limited. I'm aiming for something in the $600-$700 range, and preferably from a global brand that can be serviced in both Europe and the US.

Thank you!

How is it that you are going to be working as a DM but don't have a basic set of gear to support this? What happened to the gear you had when you did all the diving necessary to become a divemaster?

If are looking for a global brand that can be serviced in both Europe and the US then I suggest either Mares or Scubapro. I am partial to Mares and would suggest seeking out a used or new old stock MR22 1st stage and a pair of Abyss 2nd stages.

Good luck.

-Z

Hi all: I'm looking to buy a complete regulator set. I'm wrapping up two years of grad school and will be working as a DM over the summer, so my budget is somewhat limited. I'm aiming for something in the $600-$700 range, and preferably from a global brand that can be serviced in both Europe and the US.

Thank you!

Jump on this one. It's a setup Mares made as a pro deal for instructors in SSI shops.

If you can't get it at your price, then maybe:

Reactions: Zef
Bob is also a wonderful person to deal with and I'm sure you can trust whatever he has available.

Wow. That is quite possibly the nicest compliment I've ever received and certainly praise of the highest order.

Thank you.

Bob is also a wonderful person to deal with and I'm sure you can trust whatever he has available.
+1 can confirm, I've purchased (2) full reg sets (and a BCD) from Bob this year and everything in excellent condition or brand new.

If you're going to be working as a DM, the shop will probably want you using what ever brand they sell. If that is the case, grab the nicest rental reg they have, sanitize it, mark it with tape or different color hose protector and guard it with your life. That is now "your" regulator.

Back
Top Bottom