Looking for a depth rated case for a SPOT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newfldiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at purchasing a SPOT personal locator. My wife and I do alot of diving and sometimes more advanced dives in swift currents. I'd like to purchase a SPOT, but can not seem to find a dept rated case to put it in. Any suggestions?

I just bought two of these online from New Zealand. Depth rated to 50 meters. Price delivered for both was $104 AUD, or about $75 USD, less than $40 each. Dive Containers New Zealand Ltd

I ordered it online from one of their distributors in Australia and it arrived in less that two weeks.
underwater.com.au | Dive Australia, Oceania & Asia Pacific - Scuba Diving Directory and Community Portal

We'll be buying a handheld VHF radio before we dive off a boat again. And we'll buy an EPIRB if we're going to be anyplace isolated. Just check the dimensions of your SPOT and make sure it will fit inside the Dive Buddy. There are 25.4mm to the inch for conversion purposes

If all you are doing is recreational depths, try out one of the Pelican Micro cases, like the 1050 Micro case.

I know, I know, it's not marketed as depth rated. We've had them to 100'+ often in testing; they stay dry and have been good for quick housings for experimental instruments for us.

The flat lid does bow in by about 1/8" or so, but they haven't crushed yet. If you get the clear plastic model, it's good peace of mind, since you can see inside.

At least give it a try before plunking down the $ for a SPOT. At $14 it's a cheap tryout.

All the best, James

I just checked the dimensions of the SPOT. 4.38" tall (no problem) x 1.5" thick (no problem) by 2.75" wide (problem). It won't fit in the Dive Buddy. It about 1mm too wide.

Thanks for the response. I'm going to try the Otter box. I'll keep you informed on how it goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom