Looking for a DIR-style buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was going to dive with International Diving Center for the GUE Fundies course, I ended up in Kingston instead with Northern Tech. They should be able to hook up up with a few divers.

Hey Capitan. Edge does deco day last sat of the month. check with Mike.
BTW have not seen you on the sunday dives for a while.

Here: The DIR Project - Home these guys should be able to help you.

Al

That is if they respond to you. I was told about the site by a member who wanted me to join and have not heard had any response from them in over 4 months after applying. So I have given up on them.

That is if they respond to you. I was told about the site by a member who wanted me to join and have not heard had any response from them in over 4 months after applying. So I have given up on them.

Maybe you need the secret hand shake:idk:

Wow -- that is not good, and not in the spirit of the group! I'll write to Jeremy and tell him you had this problem. If you would, please PM me with which e-mail address you wrote to, and what your originating address looked like, and I'll see if I can fix this.

Hey Capitan. Edge does deco day last sat of the month. check with Mike.
BTW have not seen you on the sunday dives for a while.

Hi Les!
Thanks mate - I'll check that. I going through separation now - so, thanks Lord that I still have my scuba gear. :) I was recharging my soul batteries in Victoria last week and dove few times solo at Ogden. Love it.

Pls, drop me your phone number to PM.

Wow -- that is not good, and not in the spirit of the group! I'll write to Jeremy and tell him you had this problem. If you would, please PM me with which e-mail address you wrote to, and what your originating address looked like, and I'll see if I can fix this.

Thanks TSandM, I applied through their website which I got the automated responce but nothing else.

I am not too worried about it since I have lots of dive buddies, some of whom are part of the DIR project so I could always get them to rag on Jeremy :evil:

So no worries

Thank you though

I think Jeremy has just been busy lately and the site hasn't been his top priority... nothing personal to those awaiting replies.

As far as DIR buddies go, try IDC (International Diving Centre). There's a large, fairly active DIR community here and we run several GUE courses each year (Ron would have been trained through the same instructor at Northern Tech as teaches the courses for IDC - Dan McKay).
OceanQuest is now an official UTD (DIR) facility and I understand that they also have a very active community.

If the DIR Project (great resource when it is fully functional) is not of use to you then these would likely be your best bets.

Welcome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom